𝙵𝚘𝚌𝚞𝚜, 𝙷𝚒𝚌𝚌𝚞𝚙!

"You know, I just happened to notice the book had nothing on Night Furies. Is there another book? Or a sequel? Maybe a little Night Fury pamphlet?"

Gobber sighed, of all the things this boy was talking about he had to do it right now, it was so dumb, he blinked as the Deadly Nada blasted at Hiccup.

"WHOA!" Hiccup yelled and moved away, but his weapon wasn't so lucky, as the blast had blown off the head of the ax, and a hole in the wall.

"Focus, Hiccup! You're not even trying!" Gobber yelled, getting annoyed.

Hiccup's eyes had left Gobber's annoyed face, and looked towards the snarling beast in front of him.  He jumped in surprised as the dragon roared at him. Without wasting a minute he ran as fast as his scrawny legs could carry him.

The dragon much to the surprise of no one, the Nadar had jumped on top of the maze.

"Today is all about ATTACK! Nadders are quick and light on their feet!" Gobber yelled over the group scattering to find  a way to beat the Nadar,  "Your job is to be quicker and lighter!"

Hiccup could hear Fishlegs faintly scream, "AAAAAH!" then the sassy remark of  "I'm really beginning to question your teaching methods!"

Gobber however looked so bored of the whole ordeal, and only watched as they split up to do the task. "Look for its blind spot. Every dragon has one. Find it, hide in it, and strike!" He yelled to them. Gobber watched as the twins stuck together, as they turned the corner he watched as they came into contact with the deadly Nadar.

The twins got tricky with it and stood in a line in front of the Deadly Nadar but their bickering got them caught,

"Ugh! Do you ever bathe?" Sneered Ruffnut

"If you don't like it, then just get your own blind spot!" Tuffnut said trying to stay ahead of the dragon with his twin.

But they started to get ready to but heads

"How about I give you one?!" Ruff argued but then both remembered the Nadar was there, soon ran out the way as it blasted fire at the twins.

"Blind spot, yes. Deaf spot? Not so much. Heh, heh, heh." Gobbler said,

Then Hiccup spoke, "Hey, so how would one sneak up on a Night Fury?" He asked.

"No one's ever met one and lived to tell the tale." Then snapped at Hiccup, "NOW, GET IN THERE!"

Hiccup who was now backing up, kept talking "I know, I know, but hypothetically—" but he was cut off by Astrid, who whispered at him.

"Hiccup! Get down!"

He hesitatingly joined them, as they started to avoid the dragon, but they had the tumble roll—something he couldn't do. The weight of the shield pulled him back down. The sound of the shield clanking got the Nadar's attention.

Snoutlout, now dead set on impressing Astrid, shoved her out of the way, "Watch out, babe. I'll take care of this." Then threw his hammer, and completely missed the dragon.

As the trio ran he came up with a very good excuse for why he messed up.

"The sun was in my eyes, Astrid! What do you want me to do, block out the sun? I could do that, but I don't have time right now!"

But as they passed Gobber, Hiccup stopped to ask questions. Not realizing the damage the Nadar was doing to the maze, "They probably take the daytime off. You know, like a cat. Has anyone ever seen one napping?"

Gobber however could see the maze collapsing as Astrid who was now on the maze walls jumped to get away from the beast.

"Hiccup!" He yelled to get the boy's attention away from him and to the area around him.

Hiccup turned to see Astrid jumping off the last collapsing wall, and landing right on Hiccup.

"HICCUP!" She yelled as fell onto him, even though he tried to back away. but failed miserably. The twins couldn't help but get in some smart remarks.

"Oooh! Love on the battlefield!"

"She could do better."

Hiccup not listening to them tried to help, mumbling and muttering as he tried to help her. "Just... let me... why don't you..."

Astrid wasn't listening as the Nadar shook its head and stared as it ran towards her. She quickly got up, trying to get her ax from Hiccup's shield, but nothing was working so she stepped on his face as she pulled the shield from Hiccup. That worked, as the Nadar now seconds from bitting her head off, Astrid didn't hestitate and swung her axe striaght at the Nadar. As Gobber came down to put it back in its cage.

"Well done, Astrid."

But instead of feeling proud, she turned to HIccup furious. "Is this some kind of a joke to you?! Our parents' war is about to become ours! Figure out which side you're on."

Hiccup looked at her as she and the group walked away. He was on thei side, he just wanted to know more bout the riders and Nightfuries.

It dawned on him as he realised he had to fnd that out on his own.