𝙽𝚘𝚝 𝚂𝚘 𝚏𝚒𝚛𝚎𝚙𝚛𝚘𝚘𝚏

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

(Y/n)'s wings covered around Hiccup as she took the cloth and wiped his soot covered face. Hiccup chuckled a bit as he moved away from the cloth.

"Hold still!" She said, "You're r filthy!" Hiccup looked at her and nudged her playfully. (Y/n), her dragon, along with Hiccup and Toothless. All of them getting ready to eat something fish.

Hiccup looked over to the side to see Toothless regurgitating a fish head for him. His stomach bubbled as he remembered the last time he had to eat Toothless's fish...UGH! Never again! "Uh... no thanks. I'm good." He said as he held up two cooked fish for him and (Y/n).

She chuckled as she looked at the sky and pet (D/n)'s head. As she felt her stomach rumble..she was hungry.

In the distance a flock of Terrible Terrors swarmed in, a small amounts. Each one of them being a mischievous mind of their own.

Hiccup and (Y/n) watched as they tried to steal's Toothless's fish, and Toothless trying to chase them away.

They watched as one of them got brave stealing a fish from Toothless. They watched as the tiny dragon tried to fight Toothless over a fish and lose badly. It tried to blast fire but Toothless did it first, and blasted the poor dragon in the mouth, causing it to briefly inflate.

(Y/n) let out a giggle, unable to contain her humor. "That's not funny!" Hiccup said also trying to contain a laugh. "Yes it is!" (Y/n) said as she started to wheeze. She had no idea why she was laughing as hard as she was but she couldn't breath!

Hiccup, couldn't hold it in, her laugh was infectious. And they both leaned on each other as they stared laughing together, before Hiccup wiped a tear from his eye, and then looked at the small Terror walking away in a daze. Hiccup felt bad, before looking at (Y/n) who tried to compose herself. "Not so fireproof on the inside, are they?" He said before tossing a fish, which he watched the small dragon swallow whole.

"There you go..." He said, then paused before feeling (Y/n) lean her head on his shoulder.

He looked over and saw her comfortable getting ready to fall asleep on him. He blushed a bit before looking at the Terror, that curled up next to Hiccup like a kitten, purring softly.

"Everything we know about you guys is wrong..."

۞۞۞۞۞۞

Back at the Workshop Hiccup laid there lazily sketching out Toothless and (Y/n) he couldn't stop thinking about her, how perfect she looked. He couldn't believe it, he really liked her. He had tried focusing on Astrid, but (Y/n)...was different.

Not in a she's not like other girls, way. More of a feeling way. She was badass, but she was gentle, and caring and had a spark to her that just made him want more. She was like a light to him that he never wanted to go out. He smiled to himself as he looked at the sketch of (Y/n). Then heard the door open, he was about say something as he turned only to see his father standing before him.

"Dad!" He said as he started covering up his sketches and work. "You're back! Gobber's not here, so..." Stoick looked at him with a stone face and replied. "I know. I came looking for you."

Hiccup's heart sped up, as he tried to play it calmly. "You did?"

"You've been keeping secrets."

His heart beat went up, he was seeing Valhalla. Oh Gods, what was gonna happen next? What was he gonna say next? "I... have?"

"Just how long did you think you could hide it from me?"

Hiccup gulped as he responded, "I don't know what you're..."

"Nothing happens on this island without me hearing about it." Stoick said as he came closer to his puny son, it was like a scene from a horror story. "Oh?"

Hiccup looked at Stoick as his father kept speaking, "So. Let's talk about that dragon."

He broke. Hiccup stammered as he started to try and defend himself. "Oh, gods. Dad I'm so sorry. I was going to tell you. I just didn't know how to--" But to his surprise Stoick cheered, he watched for the first time as his father cheered for him.

"You're not... upset?" He asked, Stoick shook his head with the biggest smile on his face. "What?! I was hoping for this!"

"Uh... you were?" Hiccup started but quickly went quiet when his father went on of a praising tangent.

"And believe me, it only gets better! Just wait 'till you spill a Nadder's guts for the first time! And mount your first Gronckle head on a spear! WHAT A FEELING! You really had me going there, son! All those years of the worst Viking Berk has ever seen! Odin, it was rough! I almost gave up on you! And all the while, you were holding out on me! OH, THOR ALMIGHTY! Ah."

Then his father paused and took a deep breath before looking at his son, "With you doing so well in the ring, we finally have something to talk about."

Hiccup looked at his father, as he didn't know what to say, but Stoick continued, "Oh, I... brought you something. To keep you safe in the ring."

Hiccup tilted his head confused, as Stoick held up a Viking helmet and gave it to Hiccup.

What to say to that? "Wow. Thanks." Hiccup said, as Stoick explained, "Your mother would've wanted you to have it. It's half of her breast plate."

...Awkward.

"Matching set. Keeps her close, y'know?" Stoick said pointing to his own. "Wear it proudly. You deserve it. You've held up your end of the deal." Then sat on the stool excited to speak to his son, his big frame taking up the small workshop.

Hiccup didn't know what to say, so he said the first thing that came to mind, "I should really get to bed." He said as he fake a yawn. Stoick's face went into a small bit of shock, then disappointment then understanding as he got up and nodded. "Yes! Good! Okay. Good talk. See you back at the house." Stoick said, while Hiccup nodding and overlapped with his father. "We should do this again. I'm great. Thanks for stopping by. Glad I stopped by."

"I hope you uh, like the hat. And for the...the breast hat."

Stoick looked at Hiccup one more time, a small glint of pride in his eyes. "Well, uh... good night."