𝙽𝚎𝚠 𝚃𝚊𝚒𝚕

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"...And with one twist, he took my hand and swallowed it whole. And I saw the look on his face: I was delicious." Gobber said to the viking teens as the fire danced before them.

Hiccup sat there listening to the tale of how Gobber had lost his leg and hand. He heard this story way too many times and knew how it ended and he knew that Gobber was proud to have that story to tell.

Instead of thinking about Astrid and how to impress her, he was thinking about that Rider and the Nightfury, that he had decided to call Toothless.

"He must have passed the word, because it wasn't a month before another one of them took my leg." Gobber went on, as he finished his tale.

Fishlegs spoke up, as he bit into his chicken leg. "Isn't it weird to think that your hand was inside a dragon?" Hiccup looked at him.

"Like if your mind was still in control of it, you could have killed the dragon from the inside by... crushing his heart, or something." He said as he hit the chicken with an unbitten leg.

Sometimes what came out of Fishlegs' mouth truly freaked Hiccup out. But from what he could tell, Fishlegs was just a nerd who thought about a lot of things.

Then Snoutlout took up the oppertunity speak, with his mouth full of chicken.

"I swear, I'm so angry right now! I'll avenge your beautiful hand and your beautiful foot. I'll chop off the legs of every dragon I fight. With my face!" He said as he swallowed the chicken in his mouth.

But Gobber shook his head, "Un-unh. It's the wings and the tails you really want. If it can't fly, it can't get away." Hiccup now was listening, then what Gobber said next made him realize something, that was very true.

" A downed dragon is a dead dragon." He said, Hiccup now was in deep thought. Only to be taken out of his thoughts again and see Gobber stand up and yawn and then said,

"Alright. I'm off to bed. You should be, too. Tomorrow we get to the big boys. Slowly but surely making our way up to the Monstrous Nightmare. But who'll win the honor of killing it?" He said and chuckled, as he headed down.

It wasn't long till Tuffnut started to boast.

"It's gonna be me. It's my destiny. See?" He said as he flexed his tattoo-Sorry, birthmark. Fishlegs gawked and looked at him with awe. "Your Mom let you get a tattoo?" He asked with amazement. "It's not a tattoo. It's a birthmark." Tuffnut said quickly, but Ruffnut broke all that confidence Tuffnut had, and said,

"Okay, I've been stuck with you since birth, and that was never there before."

"Yes, it was. You've just never seen me from the left side until now." Tuffnut said quickly, but Hiccup wasn't listening anymore, his mind was stuck on what Gobber said, he stood up quickly, which caught some of the Viking teens off guard. He stretched and faked a yawn, "I'm gonna turn in for the night." He said as Astrid walked by and glared at him as he passed by. He quickly apologized as he headed to the Forge.

When he got there, he opened his book, looking at the sketch of the Nightfury, Toothless needed a new tail fin. Hiccup pulled out a new pencil. He looked at the other tail fin and nodded, making the sketch. He knew what to do.

It was a bit hard and challenging but he did it! He looked at the finished product and smiled, closing it the finishing product. Revealing all the sketches he had of the new invention he just made.

۞۞۞۞۞۞

He slowly stepped back into the cave holding a clothed item in his arm, and a fish basket strapped to his back. He looked around to find (Y/n). Just to see if she was still here. Toothless and the Dreamseer were there asleep next to a burnout campfire. So (Y/n) was still here...