21

"SO?" MY arms are crossed over my chest, as I look at Petah with the most deadliest glare. I've been miserable for the past few days, with only brief messages from Bethany.

"Can you try to be civil with me? At least try?" Petah requests.

I shrug. Within ten minutes, I'm ready to abandon this meetup. I won't call it a date, because I don't consider it one. Today's the same day that I was planning to take Bethany out on a date, which makes my temper a lot worse.

"I'm trying my best," I check my phone for any messages from Bethany. Sadly, there's none. Not a fucking hey, hi or even a k.

"Messaging that girl again?"

I'm furious because of the lack of communication from Bethany, and the unnecessary drama from Petah.

"Petah, is this really what you want? You want me? You want me to be miserable? You want me to force myself to be with you? Is that what you fucking want?" I slam my hands onto the table, and stand up. I'm in such a bad mood that I don't even care about the eyes that have landed on us.

"Xo, sit and calm down," I grab my purse, and check the time on my watch. It's only seven at night, and maybe, just maybe, Bethany will be home. I really need to talk to her.

"I did this for the kids. But you're really crossing the line," before she can say anything to justify her actions, I storm out of the restaurant, and head to my car.

On the drive, I know that I should head home to take a shower, before heading over to Bethany's. I don't want to smell like anger and fury when I'm with her. I just want to wash away that entire meetup with a hot bath.

My phone begins to ring, and I check the screen to see that it's a call from Jane. Petah must have given her a call already.

"Yes?" My voice is harsh, and my throat's dry too.

"Ma, are you okay?"

I sigh and tighten my hold on the steering wheel, "she called you?" I ask. Jane doesn't have to answer for me to know, but I appreciate confirmation.

"Yeah, I just wanted to check in on you. Get home safe, okay?"

"Sure," I mumble and end the call. I pull into my driveway, and surprisingly enough, Bethany's there, sitting on the porch bench, holding a bottle of wine.

I get out of my car, as she stands, and shifts on her feet, "I know that today's supposed to be our big date, and I'm sorry for being so distant," I pull her into me, needing to feel her body against mine. I've missed her alot, that's for sure.

"I'm sorry too," I whisper against her ear, her hand moves over my back, and onto my waist.

"I hope you don't mind if I come inside," she says. I giggle and kiss her cheek softly.

"Come inside, dork," as she hums, I intertwine my fingers with hers, and open the door, fumbling with the keys.

She asks, "can we drink wine, and forget about our problems?"

We head over to the couch, and she places the wine onto the floor, "yes, I'd love that," I begin to caress her cheek with the pad of my thumb, "maybe a little kissing too?"

"Definitely," I look into her eyes, and fear rises inside of my chest. Petah seems to be a major issue for us, and I'm not sure how we're going to get past that.

"We can still go out for dinner,  make our date more traditional," she mentions.

"I'm not a traditional girl, but I can eat," I grin. She smiles and pokes the tip of my nose.