A New Beginning

Ana just received the keys to her room, and decided to explore campus for a while. She arrived to college during orientation week, so she had five days before classes officially started. It was Wednesday evening, and she hadn't eaten all day. Her stomach growled. Luckily, there was a restaurant named Big Boy Ben's right in front of her apartment, and fast food  places and coffee shops scattered all over the area. Big Ben's it is she thought.

The diner was small, warm and cozy. Mostly quiet, only a few other clients. Those were on the chubbier side, she noted. Ana picked a booth in the corner and settled down. She glanced over the menu, but didn't feel like pondering over it too long. "I'll just have today's special please." she told the waiter. The food was a bit pricy, but she didn't care too much. Her wealthy parents paid for her education AND gave her pocket money.

Soon, the food arrived. It was a gigantic plate, piled high with spaghetti and covered in thick sauces. A soda was also brought, matching in size. So that's why they call it Big Boy Ben's. There's no way I can finish this. She began to dig in. It was very warm, and slid down her throat easily, mostly due to the creamy condiments. The taste was quite pleasant, and there was a generous amount of cheese. She zoned out however, and forgot to listen to her hunger cues. As she snapped back to reality, she felt a dull pain in her midsection. Oh god. I am soooo full, and I only ate half of that! One mistimed poke, and I will pop. I haven't even spent one night alone, and already got myself into trouble. She pushed her plate back, entering a food coma. Then, a waiter came in with another plate, and it struck her: the special came with dessert. Four big, beautiful brownies were laid in front of her. She just couldn't resist, it was her favorite food!

Ana took a bite, and then another. They were crispy on the outside, and chewy in the middle. Perfect! Some of the best she had tasted in fact. After finishing one of them, she realized her mistake. Her insides were protesting. Her belly was as bloated as it ever had been. This was especially comical on her, with an average,  maybe even slim body. Jesus. I'm a balloon  with twigs for limbs! Her middle was protesting against the now tight jeans, so Ana reluctantly unzipped them. I need to go back to my apartment and forget this happened. She attempted to stand up, but instantly felt sick. A heat washed over her, almost like a blanket. The food coma completely overpowered her, and she dozed off.