The Aftermath

Ana woke up suddenly in her dorm. She clearly remembered last night's stuffing, but what happened after was a blur. She was sitting sleepily on Cedric's lap, as he murmured something along the lines of "Time to go. What's your dorm number again?". Then he picked her up, his strong, defined muscles brushing against her body, carrying her all the way back to the room. Then, Ana was placed on the bed like a child, and Cedric gently kissed her good night on the cheek.

Well, she was awake now. I wonder what time it is. Ana picked up her phone. Oh my god! 1pm already?! I totally missed all my classes. That's when she noticed a little bag at the foot of the bed. It had a small, neatly written note. You really enjoyed these, so I figured I'd get you some more. She also had several missed calls from Ced, and decided to call him back. 

"Hey Ced. How are you doing?"

"Oh Ana! You are such a sleepy head haha. I've been trying to reach you all morning!"

"I know, I know. I just wanted to tell you that yesterday was amazing. Thanks for the sweets by the way, you really didn't have to."

"Nah don't mention it. Your expanding little belly needs them."

His comment turned her on. Ana just realized how much she liked getting attention from others because of her new habits, especially praise from those like Ced.

"Anyway, I need to go to class. You're the only one skipping school here."

Ana was about to protest how it wasn't her fault, how the alarm wasn't loud enough, or how it was HIS donuts that made her sleepy, but he hung up before any words formed. Well, looks like today is a just-how-lazy-can-one-person-possibly-be day. First, she inspected herself in the mirror. Ana was still wearing the clothes from yesterday, and they were crumpled up and covered in all sort of things: crumbs, glaze, ice cream, and maybe even grease from the nuggets. Damn, I'm such a pig. She took off the disgusting garments and instead put on a comfy, loose set of pijamas. Then she opened the bag Ced left her. It had yesterdays left overs, plus three fresh croissants. Almost perfect. 

Now she just needed to get herself a soda. Ana walked over to her cupboards-they were starting to look rather empty-and grabbed a two liter coke. Somehow, by the time she made it to the bed, a pack of oreos and gummy bears found themselves into her hands. Oh well, I'm not gonna question it. Then she grabbed her laptop and opened Netflix, starting her breakfast Or was it lunch? in bed. Slowly but surely, she grazed through the diabetes inducing food. That day, Ana was never hungry but never full. She ate mechanically, putting food in her mouth without paying too much attention. Completely zoned out, the only constant was tasty sweets in her mouth.

She went to bed right after finishing the treats, not even checking the time. It just felt so...right. So natural. Wake up, eat what you like, as much as you like, fall asleep, repeat. That's what life is about. Despite being so simple, it felt like discovering a fundamental philosophical truth that everyone else was blind to. She had not eaten a huge amount, but Ana was happier than ever with herself. 

Oh, if only college wasn't an issue. Or the fact that her parents wouldn't support her forever. Or just anything else that wasn't food, Ced, and her hungry little tummy.