1

"Shall I leave for the night, My Queen?" Kathlina's eyes fluttered beside her. The naked woman was adorned with rose petals and her favorite scent, lavender. A smile tugged on her lips, as she looked at the pure innocence that portrayed on the young woman's face. Those eyes held no impurity, even as the woman's head rested between her thighs from day break to night's end.

"You can, my darling," Rain smiled, wondering what the Queen was thinking about. Even with all the nights that they'd spent together, Kathlina had never once forced her to do anything that she wasn't comfortable with, unlike her past bedmates. But in all honesty, she loved pleasing her Queen.

"Are you sure? If you're still..." As Rain's hand moved onto Kathlina's waist, a piercing voice echoed through the room.

"I see that you still have this young girl under your service," Lance stepped further into the room, jealousy boiling in the pit of his stomach, as he looked at the woman beside his wife. Kathlina quickly grabbed a satin robe from the chair, and wrapped it around her body.

"And you're still barging into my chambers uninvited," she cursed under her breath, feeling uncomfortable under the harshness of his eyes. He hadn't seen her so naked since their wedding night, and even then, she'd refused to sleep with him.

"You're my wife, I can do as I please," his voice was as unconvincing as the vows Kathlina had recited on their wedding day. Kathlina turned to Rain, and forced a smile to hide her anguish.

"Darling, you should head home," she handed Rain a robe, "give your parents my well wishes for me," Lance crossed his arms over his chest, as his eyes travelled over each and every curve of Rain's body. Of all the women in the land, his wife had to bed a woman that he despised.

"I will, you know where to find me when you need me," Rain slipped on the robe and walked past Lance, his eyes meeting hers for a moment.

"We need to talk about this," he muttered, the rage in his chest increasing.

"What do you mean by this?" Kathlina asked, without any remorse. She tightened the sash around her robe, as his eyes pierced through her flesh, causing anxiety to rise within her.

"That woman, how can you sleep with her, and you won't even sleep with me, your husband?" Lance had asked that question for the past five years of their arranged marriage. If it wasn't for the power that she possessed within her veins, he would have probably raped her the same night that she'd almost let him have her.

"You know why, Lance," Kathlina turned away, trying to hide the faint blush on her cheeks. She didn't want him to see the slightest vulnerability within her, for it would feel like he'd gained power, which she wasn't willing to allow.

"No, I don't, you've slept with women countless times, yet you can't sleep with your husband? What illness do you obtain?" After their marriage, joining the two greatest Kingdoms on the planet, Kathlina could never believe that she'd actually married a man like him. He was so weak, underdeveloped. He possessed no mind to rule like she did, but yet, he was her husband.

"I'm not obligated to do anything I don't desire, Lance. And I'm not willing to let you touch me, ever. Do you understand?" He gritted his teeth and stepped back. The last time that he'd tried to touch her, she'd almost broken his arm. Luckily, she'd realized what she was doing in time, before she actually did severely hurt him.

"Yes, My Queen," he mumbled, almost sarcastically, "I'll leave you for the night then. I wish you the best of dreams," as soon as Lance left her chambers, Kathlina discarded her robe, and called for one of her loyal servants.

"Fix a bath before bed?" The servant nodded, silently observing the nudity before her. For sure, Kathlina was a goddess, and not only because she'd gained the title at birth because of royalty.