5

Kathlina had never once been jealous in her life. But seeing Rain with Haj made her anger boil. The thought of Haj's lips and hands roaming over Rain's body disgusted the queen, causing her to even cry out in frustration.

"You really do love her," Qaz ran her fingers through the queen's hair, grooming the perfect braid to suit the evening. Kathlina was surprised, but figured it was more than obvious to anyone who had a glance of her in the past few days. Without Rain, she was just miserable.

"I do," Kathlina admitted, the thumping of her heart increasing. Many women loved the queen, but she only loved one woman—Rain. Why couldn't she say the words out loud though?

"I can see that she loves you too," the servant mumbled, a bit of jealousy in her tone.

"She'd never hidden that she does, unlike me," Kathlina looked at herself in the mirror, and moved her hand over her collarbone. When she was growing up, her parents instilled fear in her, where she was taught to never let her guard down. Unknowingly, they also taught her not to express feelings as she should have.

After their deaths, both at a young age, Kathlina couldn't put her trust in anyone. But she did subconsciously trust Rain—the only person to see her walls down.

"Well, she's getting married soon," the reminder only made a tear escape Kathlina's eye. She stood and walked over to the window, allowing the kingdom's beauty to calm the anxiety in her heart.

"You can leave. I'll get dressed by myself," Qaz left the room, not wanting to anger the queen further. Kathlina leaned against the side of the window, and turned her attention to the flooring of the room. Only days ago, a lifeless body laid there. It made her insides ache with sadness. It was a better time than any to move elsewhere in the palace, since she couldn't let his death haunt her forever.