7

Rain's parents had no objections with their relationship. Why would they? Who better to be with their daughter than the queen?

As for Haj, she stormed out of the palace, wanting to forget Rain completely. She'd spent years pursuing Rain, and when she finally got her chance, the queen took it away from her.

"In the royal bloodline, everyone is given a chance to obtain everlasting life. My family has failed time and time again, because they always choose sacrifice instead of following their hearts," Kathlina held the potion against her chest, as she looked into Rain's eyes.

"Does this mean I'll die and leave you behind?" Kathlina shook her head and drew Rain in for a kiss

"No, darling. It's not meant to ever tear true lovers apart. Once we get married, you'll gain the same, allowing us to be together forever," Rain smiled widely at the thought. What would it be like to live that way? And what would it be like to legally belong to the queen?

"And the potion?" Kathlina leaned the potion against Rain's stomach.

"It will help us birth a baby. It's the only magic in the land that can allow two women to both be biological parents to one child," Rain grabbed the bottle, twisting it, as she analyzed the liquid inside.

"I must drink it?"

"As I make love to you, darling. It's guaranteed to work," Kathlina never thought that she'd actually have a child. Not when she never planned to sleep with a man.

Rain wiped away a few tears, as she leaned against Kathlina's chest, "I know he didn't die from drowning," she whispered, almost afraid to say it out loud.

Kathlina swallowed. She felt her eyes welling up, as she ran her fingers through Rain's hair, "how do you know?"

"I can sense it. It's almost as though I can feel your pain," Rain lifted her eyes to meet Kathlina's, seeing the tears, "tell me what happened."