8

"It was an accident, My Queen," Rain soothed Kathlina, as she cried against her stomach, "I know that you didn't intend to."

"Call me Kathlina, please," Kathlina took comfort in the softness of Rain's skin. She'd missed their intimacy so much.

Rain wiped the tears from the queen's eyes, and placed a kiss on her forehead, "Kathlina," hearing her name leave Rain's lips helped her sorrow to disintegrate.

"I did want to hurt him, but I didn't mean to end him," the queen mumbled, closing her eyes.

"And if he'd hurt you instead, I would have been the one to end him," Rain muttered, "you were protecting yourself, and it was meant to happen too."

The queen forced a smile, and sat up, entwining their fingers, "I love you," she confessed, causing a wide smile to grace Rain's face, including a few tears to escape her eyes.

"Promise me that you'll never sleep with anyone else," Kathlina's eyes held guilt, "be only mine, please?"

Kathlina nodded, "I only desire you. I'll replace Qaz immediately."

"That will make me feel a whole lot better. I love you too, My Qu—" Rain smiled, "Kathlina."

***
The Kingdom was in shock when the queen announced her upcoming marriage. They'd expected her to grieve for at least a few more months, before finding another.

But everyone quickly became excited, making preparations throughout the kingdom to portray the love of the two women.

When Rain's parents walked her down the aisle, everything felt just right. They'd planned to consummate their love that night, and use the potion to bring new life into the world.

"I promise to be yours, until my dying breath."

***
On the day of their daughter's birth, Kathlina knew that there wasn't anything better to look forward to in life.

"Congratulations," Penzal looked lovingly at the baby girl and blessed her with good health and strength.

"I guess this is the last time we'll see you," Rain said, holding her baby.

"Yes, sweetheart. But I'll hopefully be back for when this baby's all grown up," Kathlina hoped that her daughter would always follow her heart, and would instill only love as she grew up.

Rain looked as she peacefully drifted off to sleep in her arms, "I hope you will too."

"Have you chosen a name?" Kathlina moved beside her wife, and wrapped her arm around her shoulder. The past nine months had been wonderful, and even with all the guilt that she'd held, she'd learnt to move on.

"Her name is Atrquean, which means true love."

"That's beautiful. Now that you've completed the final test. I wish all three of you good luck for your endless lives."

Kathlina placed a kiss on her wife's cheek, and then on her daughter's forehead.

"Thank you Penzal, for everything."

"It's my greatest pleasure."