Chapter 26

Alex

I started to see other drawings to see if they were ready for Monday. I went through all of the ready dresses. It's lunchtime. I checked something on the computer. I walked to the kitchen. I took a cup of black coffee. I waited for the cup to fill with coffee. "Where is Bella?" I heard someone ask their co-workers. "She said that she can't have a lunch break, because she has a lot of work to do," I heard the other one say. Does she have that much work? She needs to eat. My cup of coffee was ready. I walked back to my office.
The clock was 16:00. I heard everybody start to pack and leave. I'm the only one here. Sometimes I stay longer here to go through some stuff. Some dresses are done and I have to see them. I walked out of my office to get some papers. I saw Bella. Her office door is open. What is she still doing here? She is supposed to go home. I went inside her office. "What are you doing here?" I asked. She looked up at me.
"I have a lot of work to catch up on," she said back. "Let me see," I said as I took a chair and sat beside her. I looked at the drawings. They are pretty good. I took one of them and started to draw with her. She is looking at me. "What are you doing?" I heard her ask. "Helping you finish so we can go home," I said while looking down at the paper. She needs to rest too. She has worked very well today.
She started to draw again.
"Is it difficult to draw these dresses, Bella?"
"No, so far it's easy."
"Mhm."
"Have you eaten anything?" I asked her while looking at her. "No, I didn't have time to," she said while looking at me. She can't work without having eaten anything. I got up. "Alright, lunch break," I said. "Alright, enjoy your lunch break," she said. I looked down at her. She thinks I'm the one who will have a break. I'm only taking a lunch break, because of her. She needs to eat too. "You're coming with me," I said. She looked at me confusingly. I walked out. She followed me.