xix. fools

"Where's Nick?" I ask Troy looking into his eyes, still pissed at him.

"Kat, we need to talk." He says softly slightly grabbing my arm.

"Jesus Christ I asked you something!" I spit pushing him away and he swallows hard.

"He's with the militia drinking coffee. I'll meet them in a while-" he starts saying and I hurry as I walk away from them.

I see everyone from the militia drinking coffee and Nick sitting alone on a table.

"Don't you want a drink, doll?" One of the ugly fuckers from Troy's group says to me.

"Call me doll again, and I'll feed you to the walkers," I tell him and he looks at me like I'm his prey even tho I could kill him in his sleep with zero regrets.

"We need to talk," I tell Nick and walk away from them as he follows me.

We walk to the back of one of the houses and he looks back looking for Troy.

"Won't your boyfriend be mad that you're talking to me?" He says looking away.

"I'm mad at him. I'm also mad at you but I don't want you dead." I search for his eyes.

"So you want Troy dead?" He asks looking at me.

"That was not-" I start saying but I don't dare to finish. "So... now you're part of the militia?" I sit against the back of the house as we both looked at the food growing.

"I guess so..." He sits on my side and I lay my head on his shoulder.

"I missed you," I whisper and he lays his head on mine.

"I thought you died. After the fire. When I met Luci all I could talk about was you. And then when I saw you here, with Troy..." he doesn't finish his sentence.

"Fuck Troy." I look at Nick. "I love you," I say before kissing him. "I'm done with this shit." I breathe out. "I'm locked in this shit hole for almost a year now. I didn't know I had it easy before all this."

"It wasn't easy, the world just hadn't gone to shit-" he starts saying and I see a walker behind him.

"Shit! Behind you!" I tell him and I get up as the walker gets on top of him.

I take my pocket knife and stuck it into the dead's head. Causing it to fall on top of Nick.

"He's part of the militia." He tells me and I grab its arm helping Nick get away from him.

"You bitten?"

"No."

We start running towards the others and we see Troy's group with weapons in the middle of the people running around and screaming.

"What the hell happened?!" I ask the guy I hate from the militia.

"I don't know! They just turned!" He tells me as he shoots a walker.

I run all the way home to grab my gun so that I can not be dinner to some of these people.

As I enter the house and open the drawer where my gun was supposed to be, nothing.

Shit. Let's grab Troy's.

I go to where his's should be, nothing. You gotta be kidding me.

Shitshitshitshitshit!

"Troy!" I call him noticing he's passing trough the window. "Where's my fucking gun?!"

"Here. I took it to help them protect this place." He gives it to me and I take a deep breath as if there wasn't tones of guns on the storage for him to take