9. The Offer

He wasn't alone.

There was a short, stumpy man following after him, he had a welcoming face and gentle eyes. Unlike the man next to him who oozed anger problems and possible Mommy issues.

Studying him in longwise glances, she changed her mind.

He most likely had issues with everything, the man was a psychologist's wet dream. He had a lot of red flags, like throwing strangers into various things and a disturbing choking kink. Ah, yes. His terrible choke-to-lightly-strangle ratio was all kinds of messed up.

"Saint," The brunette suddenly became interested in the conversation, pushing the worried nurse out of the way. "I didn't realise you would be finished with business so early. This is great." Her dainty shoulder barged into Vereena's, sending her to tumble into the wall.

The psycho man gave the woman a blank stare. "I didn't say you could be in my room. You're not allowed on this floor, Clara, you know that."

He couldn't even pretend to be happy to see the woman waiting for him. Any guy would be happy to have such a surprise waiting for them, she was practically half-naked and ready for him. "I-I know but I was waiting for you. I thought you'd be happy."

"Don't assume what my feelings will be, you're not a fucking mind reader."

Immediately, a frown marked the hopeful girl's face.

Vereena snorted at that, muttering under her breath. "Yikes, everyone stand clear, explosion detected ahead. There's trouble in paradise."

His heavy gaze fell onto her in a flash, she put a hand to her mouth as if to muffle her words. "Someone's in a bad mood." She jested, believing that she was being discreet.

However, the angry man didn't seem very happy with her antics.

He cocked his head a little, keeping his dangerous eyes on hers as he spoke directly into the stumpy man's face. "Show Miss. Russo out and remind her of her position here. I do not tolerate those who go against my wishes."

Clara hesitated. She stopped mid-walk and stared up at her not-boyfriend-man-friend. "I did not mean to upset you, my love."

She was infuriating, her voice was driving him to insanity. "Stop talking to me." He instructed bluntly, making his way down the hallway to where his guest was watching the scene unfold.

He felt a hand graze his arm but he merely shoved it away.

"I, uh, I'll see you tomorrow." Pretty girl was really trying hard.

He didn't answer her, hissing another strict order behind him. "I swear to god, Fabio. Two more days, that's all I can handle." It was an empty threat, one that lingered in the air and confused the two women.

Although Vereena knew it was none of her business and tried to keep her interest to a minimum. It was like her own Bollywood drama right in front of her eyes, it was getting to the juicy bit.

His friend or should she say servant jumped into action, escorting the pretty lady down the hallway. He placed a hand to the small of her back, and the sounds of his utterances could be heard.

He was reassuring the lady, she looked over to see them walking down the stairs. "It was nice meeting you, catch you later!" Lifting her hand to wave a farewell, she didn't know the next time they would get to see each other.

It could be forever.

"Whore." Was the lovely reaction she got, her raised hand declined.

Well then. She wished it was forever just to spite the nasty lady.