Chapter 15

*Almost a  month and a half later*

Lucien's POV: over the past month we have come to learn that Faith is a tribrid,which isn't extremely surprising considering Klaus is her father but it gave me an idea what if I can become an original with my own kind of wolf side. So we are now heading to New Orleans and I found out Klaus is having a art show a perfect time to engage plan Rising From the Shadows(I thought this would be what Lucien would call it but Tristan would make fun of it because he's a but) so I get there and I grab a drink and wait until I see Nik. Then I found him,it's funny because an art critic is criticizing his art but I go up to him "I wouldn't expect you to host an art show without compelling the critics to speak your praise." I said. "And I wouldn't expect an uncultured savage to crash such a formal affair" he replied and I chuckle a bit but inside I'm slowly dying. "Yeah, not my usual scene" I said. "Though, that mouthy blood bag does have a point. Your work is derivative–" I continue. "Oh?" Nik said questionably. "Of Degas, I'd say. Although, I happen to know that you compelled Degas to mentor you. I always thought his work improved after your influence."I said. "Finally! Someone with an eye for art!" He says. "Well, live long enough and you develop a taste for it... among other things."I said. I lower my voice and lean in."Speaking of which, can we please have a drink? I am quite parched." I continued. Nik puts his arm around my shoulder like an old friend and we go to the bar.

Aurora's POV: I finally got everything unpacked so I decided to make Faith and I some dinner. I put Faith in her high chair and gave her some banana to hold over for a little bit. I'm upset Lucien had to go tonight especially because we just got here. But I finish making dinner and I give some to Faith and I sit next to her. After I decided to go for a walk with Faith and just look around even after Lucien told me not to go out. But I don't listen because I'm me. I mean Faith was born here, it's technically her kingdom. After an hour and a half of walking I decided to go to the Strix and see Tristan and Aya.

Back to Lucien: after numerous drinks me and him talk about old times "Oh, Kol! Kol was a bloody loon! I loved it!" I said laughing a bit. "But Finn! Oh, Finn-- Finn was fine... as long as you didn't actually have to speak to him."I continued.  "Have you spoken to her?" Nik said. "Who?" I said a bit confused.  Klaus raises his eyebrows suggestively, and I suddenly realize who he's talking about. "Oh, you mean her" I said, smiling a bit and looking at my hand. "Yes actually I talked to my wife a little bit ago. I was wondering how she and our daughter were doing. I said smiling while Nik looked at me dumbfounded at what I said. "What?" He said.  "Oh right, you didn't know"I said. Well yes my and Aurora got married a few months ago and have had a little girl for about 3 years" I said looking at him content.