Chapter 18

Lucien's POV: Once Alexis' prophecy has been spoken, Klaus immediately stops feeding from her and grabs her in a choke-hold, causing me to stop feeding as well and wipe the blood from my face "You think you can fool me with bad poetry and parlor tricks?" Nik says angrily. "My visions are conjured from you. The threat you face will be more clear the longer I am in your presence. Kill me, and you'll never see what's coming." She says unamused. Klaus looks at me, who seems worried, and after a moment, Klaus reluctantly lets go of her, though he continues to scowl angrily at her. "I told you-- something is coming. You'll need me." I say. Klaus immediately becomes enraged by this statement and groans angrily before throwing me against the nearby wall. "I AM KLAUS MIKAELSON! I don't need anyone, nor will I be warned by lesser men!" He says angrily. "I am the thing lesser men fear!"He whispers. "Then act like it!" I said with a smirk. "Instead of doting on your pretty human girls and pouting about your family's disapproval! Yes, you are Klaus Mikaelson! You are the most ruthless, wicked beast to ever live!" I continued "I came here to remind you of that. Because, quite frankly, I've been worried that you've lost a step."I said. "I need no reminding of who I am. That truth has been clear to me for a thousand years." Nik says. "And, in those years, you've acquired countless enemies. And, with the sirelines at war, you now have mine as well"I said. "Anyone who would kill me can now come after you. And, since I have so many rivals, and because I do not want to die and leave my daughter fatherless once again.I beg you-- let me help you! From now on, I'm the only one you can trust!" I say. "I don't trust anyone." Nik says quietly as he leaves.  So I text Aurora I'm on my way home and that the plan is going perfectly. Once I get home I see Aurora and Faith went to bed. So I go into Faith's room to check on her. She's still asleep so I go kiss Aurora's head.
                    *About a half hour later*
I finished my paperwork and finished my drink before setting the glass on the table and heading for the nearby desk. I picked up a blank page of stationary from the desk, which is headed with the name Kingmaker Land Development Inc., the company that bought the land in the Bayou in which the Crescent Wolf Clan's encampments are located and who hired the werewolf hunters to kill them. Under the stationary is a straight razor, which I pick up and flick open. I look into the mirror above the desk, and it looks as though I'm about to shave my face with the razor, but instead, I uses it to slice my mouth open ear to ear, just like the murder victims whose deaths Will, Cami, and Vincent are investigating. I look at my mutilated face in the mirror and smile creepily as the wounds healed themselves before my eyes like they did so many years ago. I go to lay in bed and Aurora lays her head on me and wraps an arm around me" I love you Lucien" she says quietly. "I know my love,I love you too" I replied, holding her closer than before.