Chapter 1

He finishes up the last line of the music sheet with excellence, never dropping the atmosphere within the large hall of audience, and he ends everything with the swift move of his hands. The Violinist receives an standing ovation from the crowd though it doesn't pleases him like it used to, he bows slightly before walking off stage only to be met with a strict tone from his mother "You missed a note entirely on line 4, page 6. This is a simple piece and you can't even play it properly! Such incompetence, how are you even my son!" His mother scolded him instead of praising him like any kind and loving mother would do after their child plays one of the world's hardest piece. "When we get home, practice it again and again until I am satisfied, am I clear on that, scaramouche?" "Yes mother, crystal clear." Scaramouche bowed as his grip on the instrument tightened from anger at himself for sounding so weak.

"Kazuuu! Have you heard? That famous violinist you've been fantasizing about for like, ever. Is coming to this school!" Lumine said as she tried to steal her brother's food, "hands off lumine! You already ate your share!" Aether lifted the box of snacks higher, "oh, Is that so? I wasn't informed of this?....And I have not been fantasizing Scaramouche! " Kazuha clarified blushing a little despite keep a straight face. "I didn't say which violinist you know~" lumine smirked, "you tricked Me!" Kazuha slapped himself mentally for falling for lumine's tricks yet again. "You're really easy to fool, but for real though, that Scara dude is coming to this school. Weird, he could've chose any other prestigious private school. What does he want from this normal public school?" Aether said as he finished the last of the snack. "Probably the same reason Xiao came to this school. He's from a rich family, he could've just went to liyue academy like his father wanted but he came here instead. All because he met you at some dumb coffee shop That I dragged you to. " Lumine rolled her eyes as she took the bento box from Aether's desk. "He did? I thought it was because it was convenient. And give that back you pig! You already had yours!" Aether grabbed his lunch back as lumine repeated the same action. Kazuha just watched as the two bicker back and forth like usual. "I'll go use the restroom. You guys try not to kill each other." Kazuha left his seat and left the two to wrestle Infront of their classmates.

As Kazuha walked to the furthest restroom from his class as he felt like having a small stroll around the school halls, he heard melody from the music room, it sounded familiar yet he's sure he has never heard it before, Some may say he's feeling nostalgic. Just as he walked closer a shrill voice interrupted the melodic tune "I've already said a thousand times, never to play that horrendous tune. One more time and I'll enroll you to somewhere else! You're lucky enough that I'd even allow you to such a tacky school." The woman sighed before continuing in a more professional tone, "I'm done with the papers and signing, you are now officially a student of this school and I want you on your best behaviour, even if it's not an elite private school like the ones I chose. Utterly ridiculous really, Let's go. We have practice to do." And the clanking of heels on the concrete floor became louder and louder and on instinct, Kazuha immediately ran off to hide. A gut feeling of his told him that that conversation was never meant to be heard by an outsider.