Chapter 1 - Please Come Back

"Alright everyone, I think I'm gonna end stream now! Thank you everyone for taking time out of your day to watch, I appreciate it!" 

Dream glances over to the chat on the rights side of his screen and sees messages asking when he'll stream again.

"Umm I don't know when I'll stream again, just know that it'll be soon, I promise," he replies with a grin.

"Bye chat! Have a good day!" he laughs, then ends his stream.

Dream shuts down his pc and stands from his chair, heading for his phone. He picks it up from the nightstand and starts scrolling through Twitter.

He likes some fan art of himself as he walks down the stairs to his kitchen.  After glancing at the clock in the upper-left corner of the device, he realizes what time it is, and that he's just streamed for 4 hours.

"9 pm already?  How the hell did I manage that?" Dream questions aloud.  Suddenly Patches runs by him and over to her food bowl, which prompts Dream follows her and see that it's empty.

"Are you hungry girl?" he asks as he leans down and pets her, getting a single 'meow' in response. He sets his phone down, grabs the food bowl, and fills it for her.

"You're spoiled, you know that right?" he smiles as he sets her food bowl back into its original spot, "It's okay though, you're precious."

Suddenly his phone buzzed from the counter. He turns it around and sees a reminder from his calendar.

[Squad Meet-Up: 1-month reminder]
[Set for May 23rd]

He sighs as he places it back down on the counter and sits on a stool. He buries his head into his arms and thinks back to when he was a kid and can't help but smile.

His best friends in the whole world:  George and Sapnap.

"God," he thinks as he blushes, "just thinking about them and I still get flustered."

He looks out his living room window and sees the field. The field they would play in when they were kids. The three of them would play tag and tackle each other, staying in the field for hours at a time.

George, Sapnap, and Dream would always meet there, it was their spot. A field full of flowers that he had always found quite beautiful. He taps on his phone to check the date. 

"Yup, right on time," he mumbles. Its the 23rd of April, and it was 10 years ago today that they'd found out that both George and Sapnap would leave him.

Maybe if it was just one of them he wouldn't be as upset, but he couldn't cope with both of them leaving.

George's parents moving back to England because his dad had gotten a fantastic job opportunity. Sapnap's parents dragging him to Texas because they'd wanted to be "closer to family". The three of them had always agreed that ten years from the last time they saw each other, they'd meet up. They swore that they would all stay in contact but they never did. They hadn't talked or texted Dream since they'd last seen each other, and he still beats himself up for why they hadn't talked to him.

The night before George was leaving, Dream had lashed out.

Dream had gotten into an argument with George and Sapnap, claiming that neither of them cared that they were leaving him.  George and Sapnap argued back saying that they didn't have a choice and that it was what their parents wanted.

Dream could barely remember why they had fought, but since then Sapnap and George hadn't even texted Dream, maybe not even with each other but he doesnt like to think that.  He really hopes that they're still happy, maybe even friends still since he can't think of any reason they wouldn't be.

He grabs his phone and stands up from the counter, going upstairs to his bedroom.  Once he's in his room Dream throws on some sweatpants and a t-shirt then climbs into bed.  He feels Patches leap onto his bed and cuddle up next to him.

He sets his phone down on the nightstand and tries to get comfortable. 

He can't.

Rolling over and shutting his eyes, he tries to will himself to sleep.  Almost 30 minutes pass when he finally gives up, sits against his headboard and grabs his phone.  He decides to shuffle his "liked songs" playlist.

[Bloom Later, by Jesse]

He smiles to himself as the melody starts.  He'd found the song only 4 years ago, but it had reminded him of when he was a kid. 

"Leaving you
Is so hard to do
Keeps me blue 'til I"

In his head he can still hear their giggles as George, Sapnap, and him had chased each other.

"Every time you glow
Then I start to grow
Can't do it alone anymore in the dirt"

He can still smell all of the beautiful flowers.

"Even when it rains, I need your little raise
Some things never change even when they hurt"

He smiles as he sings along to the chorus and thinks of the pair.

"Where you going?
I'm too fast
You say whatchu doing?
Don't do that
Never been a liar
I'm a lilac and you are my sun
And every season I need you to come back"

His smile had faded slightly, a tear drop threatening to fall as he whispers, "Please come back."

|———

WOOOOOOOO STARTING THE REWRITES!!!  Tell me what you think, I always love your guys' thoughts

WC: 909
Published:  March 5th, 22