Chapter 10 - Two-Person Couch

"I'm so sorry."

George takes a slight step back, his arms still hanging loosely around Dreams waist. He's about to ask what that means but Sap speaks up first.

"What? What are you sorry for?"

"I just," Dreams voice breaks and he tries again, tears still leaving trails on his cheeks. "I, well, just for like, how everything ended with us. I'm sorry I was an asshole and I didn't think you guys were gonna come and I was so worried that I'd never see you again. I'm sorry for pushing you guys away, you probably hate me still-" His next words were cut off from another sob. 

The sound makes George's heartache. He holds Dream tighter in his arms and Sap does as well, once again in a group hug.

"It's alright, we're here now," George whispers, not just to Dream, not Sapnap, but all of them. It's alright now, the three of them are home. "We could never hate you."

"We've never hated you," Sapnap comforts Dream from beside George. "We love you so much that it'd be impossible for us to ever hate you."

He hears Dream choke out another sound, something between a sob and a laugh; and George moves to rub a hand over Dreams back. His hand glides up and down, it has always helped Dream calm down when they were younger, and he wants to help Dream. Sapnap just wraps his arms tighter around the two and buries his head between Dreams neck and collarbone.

"This is home, this is safe, this is love."

There are tears from everyone; Sapnap and George are happy to be back with their best friend and Dream's crying because he hasn't lost them forever, they're here for him, they're home.

It takes a while before Dream is breathing normally, trails left on his cheeks from where tears have stopped falling. George still rubbing Dreams back, Sapnap still hugging the two. 

"I, um, we should probably talk tomorrow. How long are you staying?" 

George lifts his head from Dreams chest, and looks towards his face as he speaks, "We were planning on staying in Florida for a week or so, our stuff is, well, it's like a few hours away." 

"Yeah, we ran out of the door around 4, it's gotta be like 10 by now," George hears Sapnap comment.

"Well, you probably shouldn't be out driving. Do you guys want to like, I don't know, stay here for the night?" Dream offers.

"Are you sure? We wouldn't want to like barge in-" George's words are cut off as Dream squeezes him closer.

"Yeah, I want you two here. At least for the night. It's really late and it'd be easier anyway," Dream stumbles over his words and after a few seconds, he releases George from his arms. He expects George to back away, but George crosses his arms around Dreams neck and pulls him down for another quick hug.

"Thank you," George whispers into Dreams' ear. A fluttering feeling has made its way to his stomach and a slight flush rests on George's cheeks as he lets go. Dreams face is also dusted in a light pink, a little hard to see in the dark, but there nonetheless.

"It's pretty dark, we should probably go inside," Dream coughs out, one of his hands reaching behind his neck. Sapnap has moved away by this point, now standing beside George.

"How far away do you live?" George asks, Dream points in response. He's pointing to a house at the end of the field.  That's where Dream had lived when they were kids, Sapnap's old house was on the other side.

"Really?" George smiles.

Dream nods as he speaks, "My parents and I had moved a couple of cities away a couple of years after you guys moved. But I always loved this house, so I was surprised when I saw it was listed for sale and bought it immediately."