Chapter 2 - Fields Full of Flowers

As George wakes up at a bright and early hour of... 12. He slowly stands up from his bed to stretch, then bounds over to his window to open it. George's favorite season would probably have to be spring.

George has ways loved flowers, so when he'd had the option to live in the middle of a flower field in a cottage, he didn't think twice. It's pretty secluded and since George had never gotten his driving license it takes him 5 minutes on a bike to get to the nearest town.

He still lives in England, but don't think that he'd forgotten about his best friends from his childhood. They were the only things on his mind. George still texted and called Sapnap, but he hadn't talked to Dream since the night of their fight. He didn't know why they had fought anymore, maybe Dream could've felt like Sapnap and George we're leaving him.

George still knew what Dream was up to, and would watch some of his best-, no, ex-best friend's streams. He didn't know what Dream looked like in the present, but he knew his voice. Yes, Dreams' voice was obviously a little deeper than he'd remembered but it still gave him butterflies every time he hears it.

"Goddamnit," George thought to himself as he'd read a notification pop up on his screen, "I should probably talk to Sapnap."

[ Meet-Up: 1 month reminder]
[Set for May 23rd]

"Shit, has it been almost 10 years?" he asks, his voice bouncing off the walls of his cabin.

George still hadn't decided if he wanted to see Dream, but he could meet up with Sapnap if he wanted to. He grabs his phone from its charger and unplugs it, then George opens his messages with Sapnap.

-Sappy🤠-
G-
dude
do u still wanna go and do the meetup thingy?

-
George was pretty surprised when Sapnap texts back almost immediately.  It was probably around 6 am in Texas.
-

S-
HELL YEA
I was just gonna ask you about that

G-
do u wanna call so we can plan it?
can b later btw

S-
Yea, I can call later
I just woke up from the reminder

G-
ok :)
goodnight cowboy

S-
Bye gogyyyy

George smiles softly as he closes his messages with Sapnap, even texting him made George blush. It hasn't always been like this though, maybe with Dream but George had never liked Sapnap in that way, not until after the fight.

George and Sapnap had kept in touch but they grew closer as well, even though they were so far apart.

George couldn't get the thought if seeing them off of his mind as he made his way to his kitchen. Going to make himself a pot of coffee, he got another notification.

[Dream is live!]
[Streaming: Geoguesser]

Dream.

The name consumes his thoughts as he sits on his couch, butterflies in his stomach erupting and his chest swells with every breath.

Dream had always done this to George, although maybe not on purpose, he'd always gotten flustered around Dream.

When he thinks back to when they were kids one moment, in particular, comes back more than others.

-

The sky was slightly cloudy still from when it had rained earlier that morning. George walked down to the field in his old, beaten-up sneakers. On his walk, he'd noticed the leftover smell of a rainstorm, one of his favorites. 

As he'd walked into the field to their little empty patch in the middle he'd seen the other two there already.  Probably waiting for him.

The thought made him smile and he started skipping to their spot before looking back up. He only saw Sapnap with a grin on his face before he was tackled from the side by a surprisingly strong force.

"What the hell?! Now my clothes are dirty!" George laughs out as he opens his eyes. He sees Dream staring into his eyes, a look in them that he doesn't recognize. George started blushing as he realized that Dream was on top of him, not bothering to move.

He was surprised when Dream started inching closer to his face, extremely slowly he should add. Their noses almost touched before he heard Sapnap's giggles, just seconds before he jumped on top of the pair.

Dreams face is pushed into George's shoulder and George tries to wiggle his way out. Unable to move, above them Sapnap shouts "WOOOO!  I'M THE KING OF THE WORLD!"

-

George still blushes whenever he thinks back to the moment. He didn't know what he felt then but he was damn sure of it now.

Love

He had always loved the pair.  As friends or maybe more, but that was too much for his young, closeted 13-year-old self's mind to comprehend.

Yea, George was openly gay. He had honed and learned to be proud of his sexuality after coming out just 5 years ago.

"God," George thought to himself, "how'd I not realize until I was 18."

Maybe he was scared.

Scared of what others thought, or maybe of himself. But by his last year of high school, he had gotten over those fears, not caring about what anyone else thought.

Sapnap was the first to know about George's sexual awakening. Woken up from a wet dream about Johnny Depp in his teenage years. Yea, Sapnap supported him, but George didn't HAVE to go into details.

George trusted Sapnap with anything though. After their 'falling out' with Dream they had only grown closer, texting and calling whenever they could. Yeah, they were on different continents, but they were still each other's best friends.

"I'm so excited to see them," George giggled, imagining how perfect it could be.

George had always loved the pair, but maybe more than the average person would love their friends. Always checking up on them, taking care of them, and caring about them a little too much.

Still, he can't wait to see them again.

|———

Thanks for reading, I had fun writing :D

Have a great day or night, please drink water before and after every chapter you read. Keep yourself hydrated and healthy <3

WC: 1000
Published: March 5th,