Chapter 8 - Airbnb

When Sapnap glanced over at George and he saw his knee bouncing. His lips were drawn in a thin line as he stared out the passenger side window. His eyes would shut from time to time, but he would catch himself before actually resting.

As soon as Sapnap placed a hand on George's knee, he felt his hand tingle. It wasn't like his hand was asleep, it was closer to a fluttering sensation.

"It's just to try to calm George down," he tries to reason with himself, but he knows it's not. He's been thinking of how nice it'd be to wake up next to George every morning and how nice his gorgeous lips would feel on his, so the fluttering in his stomach is not surprising. He knows that this is definitely further than how friends should feel, but he can't help it. So he has to hide it, scared that George won't feel the same.

Sap notices George glance down at the hand, eyes wider than usual, look up at him, and then back out the window.

"You can fall asleep George, I'll wake you up soon," Sapnap assures George. This had gone better than Sap thought it would, George wasn't pushing him away.

He sees George whip his head toward him, his face flushed as he turns to look back to the passenger window. Sap turns down the radio while looking in front of him, just a straight stretch of highway ad cars as far as he could see.

Trying not to look over every 5 seconds was harder than it looked; especially when Sap started to hear light snores coming from the passenger seat.  But he needed to drive safely, there was a precious brunet on board. 

The next hour is nearly silent, only the radio quietly interrupting George's soft snores. He turned off of the highway a while ago, now only half an hour away.

His right hand hasn't left George's knee yet, his thumb still rubbing around in soft circles. Sap glances over, he'd like to have this every day. George next to him, with or without his hand playing with George's knee, but no. He decides he does just want this, he wants everything. 

"Is that too much?" Sapnap thinks to himself, they'd only just seen each other for the first time in years. Obviously he's not ever going to tell George that he likes him, but it'd be nice to be with George. 

They'd known each other forever, still talking across oceans. It's the perfect fairytale friends-to-lovers story, he just doesn't know if George even likes him back. 

Sap purses his lips before he softly speaks, "Georgie."

George doesn't move.

"Gogy, wake up baby," his breath hitches and his hand stops moving as he realizes the pet name that slipped. Thankfully George still doesn't seem to be awake so he presses on.

"George," he says louder, bringing his hand slightly up off George's knee and back down like a little pat. This time he jolts awake and looks around, probably forgetting where he is and who he's with for a moment.

"We're almost there, wanted to wake you up before we got there," Sap smiles over at George. George's eyes are wide, his lips slightly open, and probably still wondering where he is. Sap can see when George pieces it together, his eyes light up and his smile becomes bright.

"I still can't believe it's real," George yawns, stretching his arms above his head, "I love being able to see you." There's a slight pause before George continues, "And I just can't believe that I'm back here you know?" George sighs.

Sap nods as he turns to the next street, only a couple of miles left. 

George is still in the passenger seat. 

His hand is still on George's knee. 

Tingles are still buzzing from his hand to the pit of his stomach.