The Upside Down

It's been a little while since we've seen anyone. I can tell Mike is anxious. He keeps checking his watch and looking at the door. I've moved over to sit with Lucas. Me and him are leaning against the bleaches and my legs are on top of his. Mike stands up and rushes out of the gym. I can hear him shouting, but I can't tell at what. He storms back in a second later.

"They're gone," he announces.

"What?"

"Nancy and Jonathan. His cars gone," Mike says.

"They're probably sucking face somewhere," Dustin smirks. I reach over Lucas and El and lightly hit him across the head. He sticks his tongue out at me and I do the same.

"No, no way," Mike says disgustedly.

"Did they go with the chief?" I ask.

"I don't know!" Mike says.

"No," El says.

"What? Did you see them? Do you know where they went?" he asks El.

"Yes."

"Where? Where did they go?" We all look at El.

"Demogorgon," she says. I look at the boys.

"They're going to fight it. They're gonna draw it away from Will," I say.

"We should go after them!" Lucas says standing. Dustin stands up too. El stays on the bleachers and hugs her knees.

"Yeah," Dustin says.

"Guys, guys this is crazy!" Mike shouts.

"Yes, but we should help them!" I say. 

"In case you forgot, we have no car and no bikes, we don't even know where Nancy and Jonathan went!" Lucas says.

"El can find them," Mike says gesturing to her.

"Mike look at her!" I say.

"I say we stick to the chief's plan," Dustin says.

"Yeah I guess, we need to stay here and stay out of sight. And protect El," Lucas says."That's the most important thing, right? And Nancy is fine, she's with Jonathan."

"Yeah and she's kinda a badass now," I say. Dustin nods and walks off.

"Where are you going? You just said to stick to the plan!" Mike yells.

"I am I'm just going to get some chocolate pudding. I'm telling you lunch lady Phyllis hoards that shit," he says.

"Wait, Dustin! I want to come!" I say running after him.

"Are you serious?" Mike yells.

"El needs to be recharged," Dustin says not even looking behind himself. I turn and see Lucas following us. I wait and swing my arm around his shoulder. He does the same and we follow Dustin into the cafeteria.

We enter the kitchen and start looking around for the pudding.

"Found it!" Dustin calls. We walk over and start collecting the shit. "I knew she was hoarding it!"

"Hell yeah," me and Lucas say giggling.

"Always lying, saying she's out," Dustin scoffs. "Bald-faced liar. MIKE, I FOUND THE CHOCOLATE PUDDING!" Dustin screams.

"Okay!" We hear Mike yell. We laugh and continue to fill our hands with the cans. We walk out and find El sitting at a table. We drop all the cans we could carry onto the table.

"This will charge your battery right up, I'm telling you," Dustin says while opening a can.

"Guys!" We turn to see Mike running into the room, panting.