Will the Wise

I rush out of the bathroom and start screaming Will's name.

"Will?"

"Will?" I yell turning the corner. 

"Lily?" Joyce says.

"Mrs. Byers?"

"What's going on? Where's Will?" she asks concerned. The door opens in a hallway and Lucas runs inside panting.

"The field," he says rushing back out. Me and Joyce run outside and follow Lucas. I see Will standing in the middle of the school field with his eyes closed. Mike is trying to get him to open his eyes.

"I just found him like this!" Mike says scared. "I think he's having another episode."

Joyce runs up and grabs his shoulder. His eyes are flickering and he's quietly whimpering. 

"Will! Wake up, sweetie! Its Mom! Will!" Joyce looks at me, fear in both our eyes. I stand there. Frozen with fear as I watch Will.

"Will wake up! Can you hear me? Will please, can you wake up, please? Please wake up." Joyce continues to yell. I look at the group and we watch in horror.

"It's Mom! It's me!" Joyce yells. Will's eyes snap open and he gasps for air. "Will!" Joyce hugs Will and he blinks his eyes a few times and takes in his surroundings. He doesn't say anything. We lead him back into the school and Joyce takes him to their car.

"Joyce wait!" I say rushing after her. She closes the door after Will and looks at me, still shaken. "I - I think, that what's happening with Will, this isn't PTSD. These episodes he's having, I think they're real," I say. She nods and pulls me into a hug.

"We're gonna figure it out," she says trying to give me a reassuring smile. She lets go and gets in the car. I watch as they pull away from the school.

~ ~

I get to school the next day, still shaken from what happened. I had called Joyce when I woke up and asked how Will was doing. I could tell she was keeping something from me when we talked.

I park my bike and Mike runs up to me.

"Lily, come one," he says.

"What are we doing?" I ask running after him. We rush around the school and I see Lucas climbing into the dumpster.

"Lucas I know you're trash but I didn't think you take it this far," I giggle. He flips me off and groans as he climbs in.

"Stop being a baby and do it already," Mike says.

"This is so disgusting, is this really necessary?" Max asks. I turn and see Dustin run around the corner.

"What the hell's going on?" he asks.

"We're looking for Dart," Mike explains. Lucas throws two trash bags out of the dumpster.

"Jesus!" Dustin exclaims stepping back. Lucas jumps out.

"Wel well well, look who finally decided to show up," he says to Dustin. "After I drew the short straw, real convenient."

"You stink," Max says to Lucas and goes to stand next to Dustin.

"Hi, Max," he says looking at her.

"Hi," she says confused.

"Where's Will?" Dustin asks.