Mad Max

It's been almost a year since Will went missing. I've spent every waking minute with him. When I can. My blonde hair has gotten longer, I've gotten slightly taller and my girl features are more noticeable. I also started skateboarding and I'm actually kinda good at it.

"Lily? Lily, do you copy?" I rush over to my walkie and grab it.

"Yeah, I copy. What's up Dustin?"

"What's your haul?"

"Uh $4.75," I say counting my quarters.

"Okay, we're heading over soon. Over and out."

I shut off my walkie. I shove the quarters in my jacket pocket and rush out to my bike. I hop on and race to the arcade. I meet up with Mike, Dustin, and Lucas. We ride to the arcade and park our bikes.

We hear a honk from a car and turn to see Will in Joyce's car.

"Hey!" we wave to Will. He talks to his mom a minute and then rushes over to us. I jump in his arms and hugs me.

"Ready?" I ask the boys. They smile and we rush into the arcade, pockets full of change. We head over to Dragons Lair.

"To slay the Dragon, use the magic sword!" The video game says.

"Oh Jesus! I'm in uncharted territory here guys," Dustin says.

"Down, down, down!" We yell at him.

"I'm going I'm going!" he shouts. We watch as Dustin plays the game and we keep shouting. "I'm going, I'm going, I'm going!"

We continue to yell and Dustin yells "Shut up!"

We watch as Dustin's character catches on fire and dies.

"No, no, no, no no! I hate this overpriced bullshit! Son of a bitch! Piece of shit!" Dustin yells at the video game while kicking it.

"You're just not nimble enough. But you'll get there one day. But until then, princess Daphne is still mine!" Lucas says pointing to the girl on the screen. Dustin rolls his eyes.

"Whatever, you're still top on Centipede and Dig Dug," I say to Dustin.

"Are you sure about that?" We turn to see Keith, a teenager who works at the arcade.

"Sure about what?" We turn to each other and Dustin rushes to his games.

"No, no, no, no!" he exclaims as we see that his top score on Dig Dug has been beaten by a player called Mad Max.

"751, 300 points!" Will says in shock.

"That's impossible," Mike says in disbelief.

"Who is Mad Max?" Dustin asks Keith who followed us over.

"Better than you," he mumbles shoving another Cheeto in his mouth. I laugh at Keith's remark, but I stop after receiving a glare from Dustin.

"Is it you?" Will asks.

Keith scoffs. "You know is despise Dig Dug."

"Then who is it?" I ask.

"Yeah, spill it, Keith!" Dustin demands.

"You want information, then I need something in return," he says smiling and turning to Mike.

"No, no, no, no, no way! You're not a getting a date with her!" Mike says.

"Mike, come on! Just get him the date!" Lucas says. I hit Lucas and he ignores me.

"I'm not prostituting my sister!" he exclaims.

"But it's for a good cause," Lucas argues.

"No, don't get him the date, you know what! He's gonna spread his nasty-ass rash to your whole family!" Dustin exclaims.