The Sauna Test

"That keycard opens the door, but unfortunately-"

"The Russian with that keycard also has a massive gun. Whatever's in that room-"

"And in those boxes, they really don't want anyone finding it." Me and Dustin explain to Robin and Steve. Me and Dustin spent an hour on top of the roof of the mall watching the room.

Today, I am wearing denim shorts, white air Forces, my tan Led Zeplin t-shirt, and a black bralette that can be seen around my neck. I also have on several bracelets and one necklace.

"There's got to be a way in," Robin says.

"Well, you know... I could just take him out," Steve says.

"Take who out?" Robin asks.

"The Russian guard." Robin leans back and nods dramatically at Steve. "What? I sneak up behind him, I knock him out and take his keycard. It's easy."

"Umm, massive gun?" I ask tilting my head at Steve.

"I heard that part, Lily," Steve says. I roll my eyes. "That's why I would be sneaking."

"Ah, well, please, tell me this, and be honest, have you actually... won a fight?" Dustin crosses his arms and walks toward Steve.

"Okay, that was one ti-"

"Twice. Jonathan. Year prior?"

"If I remember correctly, I saved your ass from Billy," I say crossing my arms.

"Not the time," Steve snaps.

"What do you mean not the time?"

"It's true though, she was awesome," Dustin says and I high-five him.

"You put up a good fight," I shrug teasingly.

"You know you two need to -"

"That just might work." We all turn to see Robin grab a handful of cash from the tip jar and run out the door.

"Robin," Steve calls. "Hey Robin, whoa what are you doing?"

"I need cash," she says.

"Well, half of that's mine," Steve groans. "Where're you going?"

"To find us a way into that room, a safe way! And in the meantime, sling ice cream, behave, and don't get beat up. I'll be back in a jiff," Robin yells. "Oh and Lily's in charge!" 

I turn to Steve and stick my tongue out playfully and he just rolls his eyes.

"Always the babysitter," he mumbles under his breath.

~

After a few hours of trying to get along with Steve and Dustin, Robin finally shows up. She runs straight into the back room with what looks like blueprints.

"It is fascinating what 20 bucks will get you at the County Records office. Starcourt Mall," she says as she lays out the paper. "The complete blueprints."

"Not bad," Dustin says to her approvingly.

"So this is us, Scoops, and this is where we want to get," Robin points on the map.

"I mean I don't really see a way in," Steve shrugs.

"There's not if you're talking exclusively about doors." Robin lifts the page to reveal more blueprints. This time showing-

"Air ducts?" I say looking at the map.

"Exactly. Turns out this secret room needs air, just like any old room. And these air ducts, lead all the way ... here." Robin outlines the path on the map with a red marker.