Mates?

Yo! I'm so sorry this story was bouncing between published and unpublished.
When I want to preview the story (because that's when I spot grammar mistakes with the best results) I end up accidentally publishing it and it's frustrating.

Anyway enjoy <3

Previously:

Have you ever suddenly passed out after you've made eye contact with a random stranger?
Well you're in luck, because the most common reason this happens is because you've met your mate!

I slowly turn my head to look at him and a heavy silence falls on top of us.

Continued:

--

Joonghyuk POV:

I silently read the Boogle article again and try to wrap my head around it.

Mates...

I open my mouth to say something, but then I feel a tap on my shoulder.

I turn to Dokja and slightly lift my eyebrow, signaling that I'm listening.
"Hey, you seem nice and all, but I really can't with this right now...", He says quietly.

He looks very shaken up. I give him a nod and am about to say something hopefully comforting, when I get a notification on my phone. The loud bing coming from my phone draws both of our attention.

__________________________
|________________________ |
|                                            |
| A new message from    |
| no<3 :                                |
| I swear if you don't         |
| get your ass here I         |
| will get you fired and     |
| ...                                        |
| ------------------------------     |
|                                            |
|________________________ |
|                  •••                      |
|_________________________|

I sigh and massage my temples. With a little annoyance evident in my voice, I say "Sorry about that, that's my boss, who happens to also be my best friend..."

Dokja gives a small laugh for who knows what. I personally don't find this situation particularly hilarious.
But despite my own will my lips curve into a small smile.
"Should I drive you to your place?" I ask him.

Dokja seems a bit hesitant, but ends up saying "um.. S-sure..."

He takes a shower first and changes to his freshly washed clothes that I washed last night.
I take a shower at the other bathroom. I put on my work suit and tie my tie in a way that is good enough. I can just put it properly later.

The car ride was mostly silent with Dokja looking at the passing scenery and me having my eyes on the road.

After 10 minutes I hear Dokja's quiet voice "I was wondering... What do you do for work?"

"I'm an actuary" I take a glance at him and I can see it doesn't ring any bells to him.
I chuckle a bit and continue with my statement "I basically count and analyze the risks and uncertainty of something. Such as death rate, investments etc..."
I feel a bit proud of being able to talk about my job "I present them to the partaking businesses and clients developing policies that will minimize the risks as much as we want"

"Okaayyyy... So basically... You count and guess?" He asks a little confused.
I give him a soft smile and continue to look at the traffic "Sure, if you want to put it that way"

--

"Turn left and we're here" Dokja says.

I nod and stop the car infront of the tall, gray apartment building.

Before he gets off he says "Oh, I almost forgot"
He turns to me and fixes my tie. Simply explaining his act by saying "It was bothering me a little"
Before I was able to say anything to him, he had already gotten out of the car and shut the car door behind him.

What just-

---

I stare at the blue, but cloudy sky.
Mates huh? I haven't thought about that in a while...
.
.
.
Hello <3

I have no idea what an actuary actually does. I just Googled something so feel free to correct me if you want :D

Doing that 'phone' took so long, cause I suddenly had the brilliant idea to always add something.
But I find it therapeutic with the right music at the right times :)

Bye love ya <3