Episode 7

Zoey decides to show up at the office and notices Valerie isn't there. She walks into the office and notices Levi is also gone. She decides to wait, but after waiting for an hour, she looks for Levi again. She walks out of the office and finds Jason.

ZOEY: Jason? Jason, I'm calling you.

Jason reluctantly turns around.

JASON: Hi, Zoey. How are you?

ZOEY: Where's Levi?

JASON: He left for the weekend on a business trip.

ZOEY: What? He didn't tell me anything about this.

JASON: He found out about it this morning.

ZOEY: Why didn't you go with him?

JASON: He asked me to run things here.

ZOEY: So he went alone?

Jason hesitates to answer while avoiding looking at Zoey.

ZOEY: Who did he go with?!

JASON: Valerie.

ZOEY: Valerie?!

JASON: She's his assistant, she has to go.

He said and walked away.

Zoey grows angry and starts calling him. Levi notices Zoey's name on his phone screen. He rejects the first call and the ones that followed after.

PHOEBE: You should let Zoey know where you are before she tracks you down.

LEVI: I'll do it later.

PHOEBE: Have you told her about Valerie?

LEVI: No, I haven't.

She stays quiet for a moment.

PHOEBE: You should still tell her.

LEVI: I thought you didn't like her.

PHOEBE: I don't.

As each of her calls gets rejected, Zoey grows furious. By the last call, she throws her phone into her purse. She takes a deep breath and walks away as she pushes a worker out of her way.

Zoey angrily barges into Lorraine's house, looking for Levi.

ZOEY: Levi!? Levi!?

Lorraine comes downstairs and watches Zoey walking back and forth, looking for Levi.

LORRAINE: What do you think you're doing?

Zoey barges to Lorraine.

ZOEY: I know he's here! Levi!

LORRAINE: Stop shouting.

ZOEY: I refuse to believe that he went on some business trip with that manipulating assistant.

LORRAINE: A trip?

ZOEY: Don't pretend like you don't know what's going on. I know he's here.

LORRAINE: He's not.

ZOEY: No, no. He can't do this to me.

Lorraine watches as Zoey whispers to herself before going silent and sitting on a couch. Zoey sniffs. Lorraine goes to sit next to her.

LORRAINE: What's wrong?

ZOEY: I'm not going to talk to you about this.

LORRAINE: Who else are you going to talk to? Levi's on a business trip that you didn't know about.

Zoey stays quiet.

LORRAINE: Listen, if he didn't tell you that he left, it's possibly because he might come back later today.