Chapter 3

Eleanor Richard

I try to turn over to turn off my alarm clock but something weighs me down. I open my eyes slowly as the sunlight shines on my face. I squint my eyes to see Noah laying on my chest as Everleigh is curled up on my side.  

I notice that we are all wearing matching stitch onesies. I look at my alarm clock which reads 6:30. It's too early to wake up the kids but I have to get ready for work.

 I have a lot on my plate now, starting new designs for my company, opening up new stores, and finding a new school for my kids. I've been considering hiring a private teacher for them but I would need to interview the teachers first.

I move Noah off my chest gently placing him next to his sister. I get up quietly stretching. I still have time to get my morning run but before that I have to get this room cleaned up. Let's just say movie night was chaotic but it made the mood lighter.

I get the empty bowls, water bottles, and candy wrappers. I make sure they have a healthy diet and eating habits but I don't mind them having  junk food once in a while. I go into the kitchen to throw out all the trash.

I hear a knock at the door. I freeze. Who's at the door at 7 in the morning. Should I open the door? I go to the door and I look through the little peep hole.

I release my breath I didn't know I was holding  once I see a familiar  face. 

Coffee guy. 

I see him holding something in his hand. He's wearing a black shirt that shows off his muscles and black sweats. I finally decided to slowly open the door. We stare at each other for a couple of heart beats. I see his lip twist upward and then I realize I'm still wearing my stitch onesie. My cheeks flush a little. 

He clears his throat, ''My mom wanted me to bring over some of her famous cupcakes. I just moved here a couple of days ago and she wanted me to make a warm welcoming.'' He hands me the tray . 

'' Tell your mom I said thank you and welcome to the neighborhood.'' I say trying to make the atmosphere less awkward.

''It's also an apology for being a asshole at the coffee shop.'' He says checking out my onesie one last time. ''I like your pjs.''

''I guess I can to accept your peace offering.'' I didn't expect a man with a huge ego like him to apologize.  ''We had a movie night yesterday.'' I say gesturing to the onesie. 

''Must've been nice.'' He says.

Awkward. 

''Well I'm gonna get ready for my morning jog before my kids wake up. Thanks for the cupcakes again.''  He opens his mouth to say something but I already shut the door in his face.

I realize a breath putting the cupcakes on the counter and I realize I still don't know his name.

I finish doing my morning cleaning.  

I changed into my leggings and sports bra. I get my headphones and running shoes before heading out the door. I made sure to put a monitor in my room and check on the kids before I left.

-----

I was able to run 5 miles before I got a notification from the monitor. I was able to take a shower and get ready for work before Noah and Everleigh fully woke up.

They did their morning routine and ate breakfast. I was able to get us out of the house by 9:00, I still have an extra hour to get to the office. I packed one backpack with school work and snacks for the kids. I don't want them to be behind so until I find someone they'll be working out of workbooks.

''Noah!'' I yell, Everleigh is already in the car but her brother is still upstairs. I don't hear an answer so I say, ''Do I need to come up there?''

''No, I'm coming mommy'' He appears at the top of the stairs wearing miss matched socks.

He runs down the stairs almost tripping on his untied shoelace. ''Come here'' I bend down to tie his shoes.  I picked him up and put him on my hip. ''Did you get everything, bugaboo?''

''Yes'' he holds up his red hot wheels car with yellow and orange flames.

I  lock the front door heading towards the car. I strap Noah in and I see Everleigh reading 'Charlotte's Web'.  I smile to myself, I used to love reading that book. Last year Everleigh asked for different types of books for her birthday. I made sure to get her every single one she asked for. 

I head to the drive seat and head towards my company. I can't believe I get to call it mine.

-------

I hope you enjoyed.
The next chapter might be in Maddox's POV, I'm not sure what the next chapter is going to be about.