Chapter 7

Eleanor Richard

When he walks in with such  predominance and I  know a tailored suit when I see one, after all I am a fashion designer.

 His hair is brush back and if I thought his expression this morning was grumpy this one has to be vile.

He radiates dominance, like he's used to everyone  following his orders. One glance and you'd be shrinking into a tiny human. You can tell a lot from people's body language, the way they walk, dress, and even talk.

I won't be shrinking under no one's gaze. I get up from my chair, smoothing out the brand new black wide leg trousers I got from 'The Row' and a simple black silk-blend shirt. He's not the only one who radiates power and confidence.

I walk up to him, stretching out my right hand for him to shake which he takes. His hands are softer than I expected. 

''I'm glad that you accepted our offering, Ms. Richard. Where should we start?'' He said letting go of my hand and shoving his hand back into his pocket. 

''Yes, please have a seat.'' I gesture to the two seats in front of my desk, for him and his assistant Logan to sit.

 Logan is different from what I expected. He has an optimistic aura to him. His hair is a light brown with soft curls and hazel eyes. He wears the same formal suit as well but he keeps fidgeting with his tie. I'm assuming he doesn't like wearing ties and suits.

They sit down and we start going over our future plans for our company, boundaries, money investments, etc. 

While we were having this discussion Ava came back with some of my sketches and print outs of my past work for them to look over. 

I made sure to write any important dates or meetings done in my planner.

''Oh, do you have the contract?'' I look over to Ava. 

''Yes, it's right here.'' She passes me the contract.

 ''I will email any other contracts and send over date to the upcoming meetings or events.''

''Yes, we'd appreciate that.'' Logan says, sending Ava a bright smile.

''I hope to see our partnership exceed, Ms.Richard.'' Mr. Reed says, signing the paperwork. 

''Thank you again for this opportunity.'' I plastered a tight smile. 

I'm ready for this meeting to be over.

----

The meeting was finally over but when I got to the main floor ready to leave, I saw Mr.Reed and Logan still here.

 Logan seemed to have a pleasant conversation with Ava because they were both smiling and blushing at each other. It's like watching to socially awkward teens. 

 Mr.Reed has his phone to his ears. While my receptionist Clara is eyeing him like a piece of cake.

''Bye, Clara, make sure to clean up your drool!'' I wave to her, catching Ava, Logan and Mr.Reeds attention. ''B-bye Ms.Richard.'' She stumbles over her words.

Now it's time to see my troublemakers.

I push the glass door open, walking in the direction my car is supposed to be in. ''Excuse me? Why are you tolling my car?" I look at the old man with a confused look. 

There's no firehighternts. Instead of saying something he just points at the sign that seemed to magically appear.

 ''That wasn't there before!" I try to keep my tone even. 

 ''Laws are Laws women. You can come to the car shop to get it back, we close at seven don't be late.'' He tells me before fully tolling my car onto the stand.

''Have a good one!'' He shouts, waving at me driving off with my car.

''Don't fucking tell me to have a good one!'' I yell back, the even composure totally gone.

 Now how am I supposed to get the kids?

 ''Do you need a ride?'' A familiar deep voice says.

Oh fuck me.

''Mr.Reed-'' I get cut off, '' You can call me Maddox we're outside of our workplace.''

''Maddox, It's alright, I'll just call an Uber.'' I told him. ''I don't mind, we live right next to each other, I don't mind dropping you off.''

''I said it's fine, I'm on the Uber app already.''

''Get in.'' He says.

''No.'' I told him.

''Get in.''

''No.''

''I'm not gonna go back and forth with you, Eleanor. Stop being stubborn and get in the car.''

''How do I know if I should trust you?'' I give him a suspicious look.

''You trust a stranger driving but not your new business partner? We just had a meeting a couple minutes ago.'' He gives me a bored expression.

''I don't know you as a person besides you could be worse than a Uber driver trying to kidnap me, either way I'd be able to handle myself.'' I scowl at him.

He gives me an unimpressed look.

I contemplate whether I should be in a one hour car ride with him. I look at my watch, I'm about to be late. I sigh ''I'm only getting in because I need to pick up my kids.'' I gave him the school address. I get into the car and it smells fresh and it's clean.

The car ride was silent and neither one of us tried to fill the silence.

----

I hope you enjoyed!!

I wonder how the kids will react to Maddox picking them up with their mom 🧐