Chapter 9

Maddox Reed

Was I the reason Eleanor's car got towed? Yes, I was.

I usually think everything through but when it comes to Eleanor it seems like there's no need to think about anything.

Having her that close was dangerous. Her vanilla fragrance still lingers in my car. I can almost still remember how silky her hair felt when it brushed against my hand. Her soft skin briefly touched my hand when she was reaching for something.

She's a nuisance.

For continuously being on my mind.

I make sure to keep things professional when discussing important business matters. It also wouldn't be good if word got around about business partners sleeping together.

Besides I can get anyone I want, it doesn't have to be her.

I don't want her.

I'm not the only one who has a wall up when doing work, Elenor's wall seems to only break apart when she's with her kids. If you aren't her kids, you'll be receiving icy glares that could make you shiver in your shoes.

But lucky for me, it has no effect on me besides making my dick hard.

Stop thinking like that Maddox.

''Are you listening?" Eleanor's sharp tone takes me out of my thoughts. I clear my throat, ''Of course.''

She gives me the 'you're-a-terrible-liar' look and I scowl at her. ''Care to tell me what I've been talking about for the past 5 minutes, Mr. Reed?''

God, why is my name out of her mouth so hot?

''You were talking about how adding more creative designs and styles to our clothing line can help get more people interested. It would, make us stand out from other companies.'' I tell her with a smug look on my face.

I can multitask.

If I shocked her by still being able to repeat what she said, she doesn't show it. Instead her right eye twitches.

''Did I hit a nerve, Ms.Richard?'' My tone matches the same smug look on my face.

''No but your smug look makes me want to throw up everything I had for breakfast.'' She gives me a tight smile.

I hear Logan snicker and I glare at him. He's supposed to be on my side.

''Don't worry Mr.reed she didn't mean that.'' Ava says, giving Eleanor a look. ''She's just trying to be funny.'' There's some humor in her tone.

''Am I really trying to be funny?'' Eleanor says in a less humorous tone.

''I think you're just having a hard time denying how handsome I look.'' This makes Eleanor pause what she is doing, look up at me with her breathtaking siren shape green eyes. It contributes to her other fierce features.

''This is the first time I heard someone wanting to barf because of my looks, most women would be down on their knees with a single glance.'' I wink at her waiting for a reaction on her pretty face but nothing.

''I guess I'm not most women.'' She finishes gathering her stuff and walks towards the door but before closing the door she looks back and says, ''hurry up, my trouble markers are waiting for me.''

I feel my lips slightly twitch upwards.

-----

''I can't believe you've only seen two marvel movies but it explains a lot.'' She gives me the side eye.

''What's that supposed to mean?'' I glower, putting back my Captain America funko pop, while keeping on hand on the steering wheel.

She just shrugs looking back out the window. ''I haven't seen any marvel movies until my kids started becoming obsessed with it and partially begged me to have a marvel movie marathon.''Her features softened for a second at the thought of her kids.

I have to admit her kids are definitely something, I was surprised how easy it was to interact with them. Well Noah.

I'm not a huge fan of children and they're not my greatest fans either. Something about Eleanor's little family interests me.

This is also the most she's talked to me outside of work.

''I'm more into Jedi's .'' I told her.

I swear I heard her snicker but she doesn't say anything besides shake her head. ''Is there something wrong with Star Wars?'' I raise my eyebrows.

''Oh, look we're here!'' She quickly takes off her seat belt, opening the car door.

I shake my head, running my fingers through my black hair.

-----

It takes Eleanor a few minutes to get the kids. I see Noah running towards the car like he's glad his mom's car was towed.

I hear Eleanor telling him to slow down and Everleigh rolling her eyes.

This family is definitely something.

''Max!" Noah yells as he gets into the car.

''Hey Noah, how was school?'' He goes on to tell me about how boring his day was, soon after Everleigh gets into the car murmuring a hello.

Where's Eleanor?

I look out the window seeing Eleanor talking on the phone, her eyes flaring with rage. I notice the kids looking outside as well.

''What kind of songs do you guys listen to, baby shark?'' I plugged my aux.

I can turn around to see a Everlieghs nose scrunched up in disgust and Noah beaming.

At least to divert their attention. I don't know what's going on outside nor should I care because it is none of my business.

Right, it's none of my business, I tell myself.

----

I hope you enjoyed!

Thank you so much for 12k reads!!

Thank you so much  for 12k reads!!