Chapter 12

Eleanor Richard

I exhale a humorless laugh, ''You're joking right?" I know the answer already based on his facial expression.

He's not joking.

''It does say plus one but I wasn't aware..Mr. Reed was filling in that spot.'' Ava interjects, looking back down at her iPad.

''Do you have someone else who's willing to go with you?" Maddox raises his eyebrows.

''No.'' I mutter, glaring at him.

''Well then its settled,'' he says before adding ''I'll make sure Logan calls the hotel for two bed rooms instead of one."

''Fine,'' I say, at least I can keep my distance.

-----

''Can I get one last hug,'' I kneel down, opening my arms.

They nod and wrap their little arms around me. ''I'll miss you, mom.'' Eve kisses my right cheek.

''No, I'll miss you more, mommy.'' Noah kisses my left cheek, glaring at his sister.

''Well I miss both of you even more.'' I give them both a kiss on the cheek.

''I'll call you every day but make sure you listen to aunty Ava and Logan.''

''Yes, ma'am!'' They both say saluting. I shake my head, Logan already got to my kids head.

I walk over to Logan and Ava, ''did you both get everything I sent you?"

''Yes, I don't you Ms.Rich- I mean Eleanor you don't have to worry.'' Logan says. ''I better not hear any complaints from Ava,'' I point my fingers to the troublemakers, including Logan.

''All of our stuff is in the car.'' Maddox twirls his keys around his long index finger.

Why did I just call his finger long?

I clear my throat, ''Alright, I'm coming.''

I give Noah and Eve one more kiss on the cheek and I see Logan tapping his cheek.

I roll my eyes, I lean in but Maddox grabs my wrist, dragging me to the car, ''I think you've gave enough kisses.''

I scoff, getting into the passenger seat. I look out the window to see him picking up Noah and ruffling Eve's hair. She rolls her eyes, hiding a little smile. I see she's starting to warm up to him. I see Eve tell him something and he salutes.

Idiot.

Why does my heart feel weird all of a sudden?

When I see Maddox's expression it's not the same hard expression he has at work, although his features are more aggressive then soft.

I press the middle of the steering wheel, creating a loud honk sound. I look out the window again.

Ah, his scowl is back.

He puts down Noah, saying bye to Logan and Ava. Once again Logan taps his cheek.

When Maddox doesn't give him a kiss, he kisses Maddox's cheek instead.

I roll down my window, ''I think that's enough kisses for this whole week'' I yell.

Maddox finally makes his way to the car, sticking up the ring finger to Logan. He properly doesn't want Noah and Everleigh sticking up the middle finger at random people.

''I'm going to miss you guys, don't worry I'll take care of your little critters!'' He shouts for the whole world to hear and little critters? Seriously, before I can shout something back Maddox is already driving.

It's alright Everleigh will put him in his place.

-----

I hope you enjoyed little critters!