Chapter 6

Eleanor Richard

I slowly close my bedroom door, trying my best not to wake up the kids. I make my way downstairs, placing my phone and headphones on the table while I put on my running shoes.

When I opened the front door, it was still dark and quiet outside. I mean who else would be up at 4:00am? I like jogging when everyone is asleep because I get to be alone and no one is up to interrupt my jog. I like to give myself time to clear my mind.

I wasn't allowed to go out much when I was with Liam.  when I went outside he had to be there. I'll enjoy this freedom for as long as I can. 

Before I start jogging I make sure to stretch in front of the house and get my playlist ready.

 It seems like a couple of hours have passed because the sun starts rising slowly and I can feel the sweat running down my neck. On my way back I take my time to admire the beautiful colors in the sunrise.

I notice one of the moms, Amy, watering her plants. She looks up and sees me. She gives me a displeasing look as she looks me up and down. I'm wearing a black sports bra with black leggings. As if I'm some type of mind reader like Professor X, I already know what she's thinking. And I honestly don't give a fuck what she or any of the mom's think.

I used to care what people thought about me. I used to hate not knowing what people were , it also made me overthink everything. 'Do they like me?', 'Did I say something wrong?' 'Are they talking behind my back?'

As much as I hated not knowing what people thought, I hated being unheard more. Which happened quite often but now make sure everyone hears me.

I wanted people to like me, to be one of those people everyone admired and loved. As I got older my mind matured and I realized who gives a fuck what people think?

 Now when I don't kiss peoples ass or give them the satisfaction they want, it makes me the bad one or the evildoer. But that doesn't stop people from kissing my ass now.

They can say or think whatever they want but at the end of the day people respect me and are too afraid to say anything to me face to face. I think most of the fear came from the false lies my parents spread.

When Amy catches my gaze she quickly lowers her head and goes back to watering her plants. I don't say anything and just continue walking in the direction of my house. I check the time on my phone to make sure I haven't been out for a long time.

I see an email from Logan confirming our meeting for 1:30. When I got to the house I noticed our neighbor taking out the trash.

 ''Morning.'' I say, trying to be polite. He looks for a couple of heartbeats, his gaze lingering on my chest.

''Morning.'' Is all he says before returning back to throw out the garbage. Having nothing else to say I just went inside the house.

----

''Mommy I think Eve is dead!'' Noah yells from upstairs. 

 I sigh, putting their breakfast on the table. I walk upstairs to see what Noah is talking about. 

Everleigh is curled up sleeping on the floor with her new school uniform on. She's never been an early bird.

 ''Eve, wake up!'' Noah shakes his sister. 

When she doesn't answer Noah looks at me with a concerned look. I give him a reassuring  look before going over to Eve and tickling her. 'M-mom-'' She wasn't able to finish because she started laughing.

''It's time to get up, sleepyhead. You don't want to wrinkle up your uniform.'' I tell her as Noah takes her arm trying to help her up. She rubs her eyes, ''did you make waffles?''

''Yes, so get your little butt downstairs before it gets cold.'' I say. As we are making our way down, Noah is giggling to himself.

''What are you laughing at?'' I give him a puzzled look.

''You said butt.'' He says, trying to contain his laughter but fails.

I shake my head with a small smile on my face.

----

''The owner of Diascia and his assistant  are here'', Ava informs me. I was able to drop both kids off on time. ''Thank you, you can let them in.

I hear Ava talking to someone.

The door opens and my neighbor strives in with his 6'3 self as if he owns the place. 

You've gotta be kidding me.

-----

I hope you enjoyed!