Chapter nineteen

CHAPTER NINETEEN: concert in a can

➼︎➽︎STUTTER➼︎➽︎

JAXSON CULLEN AND SAMANTHA JENKINS WALKED SIDE BY SIDE WITH, APPROACHING THE THREE DAVENPORT SIBLINGS. There was another boy sitting with them.

"Hey, Jaxson," Samantha spoke up. "Do you know if Bree is seeing anyone?"

Jaxson turned to her, smiling teasingly at her. "Br-ree?" He questioned, as the got closer Samantha paused, stopping Jaxson from walking.
"Chase?" She questioned back.

Jaxson's smile dropped, looking back at Chase. "Do-o I-I m-mak-ke it-t th-hat obv-vious?"

Sam shook her head, and instead of answering, she walked over to the group. Jaxson followed, cursing her under his breathe.

"Hey," Sam spoke, before Jaxson could say anything about her walking away in the middle of their conversation.

Bree smiled brightly back at her.

"H-hey," Jaxson shot a glare at Sam, before smiling at the stranger, he extended his hand. "Jaxs-son."

The boy looked at him, smiling.

Samantha glared, not liking that. If this asshole says anything to Jaxson I'm killing him. She thought.

"Marcus," the boy shook Jaxson's hand.

"I'm Samantha, everyone calls me Sam," she told him. Marcus shook Sam's hand. "You've been playing long?" She gestured to the guitar in his hands.

"A few years now," Marcus told her. "You know, you guys are the only people who have talked to me at this school. I hate being the new kid."

"Yeah, we used to be the new kids that no one talked to. Now we're just the vaguely familiar kids that no one talks to." Chase replied.

Leo walks up to them. "Hey, peeps. What's the deal-io?"

"Hi. I'm Marcus." Marcus extreme show arm to Leo.

"I know. We have gym together. And study hall. And also chemistry. We're lab partners." Leo lists, putting emphasis on his words.

Samantha laughs.

"Oh. I... did not know that. Chase, you ever play guitar?" Marcus asked,

"No, but I've always wanted to."

"Well, I'm a jammer as well. My rocking is only eclipsed by my rolling." Leo speaks up,