4. workhorse

✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼

⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒

-ˋˏit was yet another afternoon of work for y/n

she, again, was putting up a front for her customers, hiding her exhaustion and replacing it with a vibrant and bubbly vibe instead.

it was around 12am again, only an hour or so before you'd clock out, just one hour.

"you look like shit" a voice snapped you out of your trance. of course, it was tall blond and gorgeous again, although you wouldn't say it to his face.

"you, again?" you question, peering down as he placed double the amount of items as the last time.

"how do you eat like a pig and sleep after 12 and still manage to be the top in the class?" you groan, envy taking over you. you were smart, but not as clever as bakugo, especially not on a low amount of sleep. and you were strong, but not as strong as him with a buncha junk food.

"cuz im katsuki fuckin bakugo, why else?" he snorts, as you scan a third large-sized takis bag, you could practically feel the stomach ache without even smelling the bag.

"so, why do you work so late? you broke or some shit?" he fumbles with one of his snack wrappers, opening it with a swift zwip.

"pft, im nowhere near broke" you proudly admit, it was true, being the daughter of a high-ranked pro hero came with a lot of paper.

"so why do you work so much?" he began taking out the snack, munching on it as he did whatever it is he did. "i like the way the hard work shapes me as a person, and it helps a lot with my uh, my anxiety, hah." you nervously reply, trying to examine his moves, worried about how he'd respond.

he stays silent for a while, his back facing you, then abruptly turning around, throwing a candy bar at you, which you almost drop, catching it last second.

"candy helps too, with that feeling, I think" he mumbles, turning back around.

that was, surprisingly sweet, for someone like him, at least.

you look down at the treat in your hand, pink and chocolaty, it was unlike his other snacks. you feel a smile creep up onto your face.

"thanks" you murmur, setting it aside to eat later.

the store was empty, and there were no other workers, so it was just the two of you.

once you had finished checking his items, you start putting them in a bag, like you had done hundreds of times before.

"you do want the bag, right?" you give a lazy grin, to which he nods, a humored look on his face. taking a bite out of the candy, you check the total. "$34.67" you bounce, a sudden wave of energy rushing through you.

"ive never had this before, it's good" you point at the chocolate, mouth stuffed. "i know, hence me buying it" one side of his lip curved slightly, before he cleared his throat, expression stoic again.

"doesn't it get like, scary or something, or like lonely this late" he scratches the back of his head.

"not really, I find it kinda peaceful, somehow" you shrug as he digs in his pocket for his wallet. finding it, he takes out two twenties, handing them to you. as you try and get back the $5.33 for him, he grunts, "i don't need it, change is annoying, bye." he grabs his bag, throwing it over his shoulder, then leaving.

you wave slowly, and hesitantly.

"bye...

...bakugo."

a smile clearly present on your face. what's up with this guy? getting snacks again, double the amount, so late at night? what a weirdo.

"night' workhorse" he says flatly, the little bell dinging as he left the store.

workhorse? there's a phrase ive never heard before.

you wander aimlessly through social media until your shift ends, as there were no more customers after him.

again you had walked home alone, middle of the night, music blasting.

no, you did indeed not give a single fuck.

arriving home safe and sound yet again, you wash up in the bathroom, and fall asleep the second your head hits the pillow, despite the candy bar you ate prior.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

if im making bakugo too oc, sorry, I can't help myself when it comes 2 fluff☹️☹️