chapter i

❝𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐈𝐒 𝐐𝐔𝐈𝐓𝐄 𝐔𝐒𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐒𝐒❞

Tw: mentions of an ED

THE SMALL, QUAINT TOWN SOMEWHERE IN THE MIDDLE OF CONNECTICUT rarely had visitors or newcomers. It was dormant, quiet, almost unknown, unmentioned. Often, people would quirk their eyebrows at you the second you said the words 'Stars Hollow'. It was the type of town where everyone was acquainted with everyone. You could not keep something - anything - to yourself, somewhere along the lines of communication and gossiping, someone would find out about what's going on in your life and wasted absolutely no time in prying into your personal life.

Which is exactly why Parvati Singh  hated every single thing about this town. She hardly participated in any of the events that Taylor Doose - the towns everything - insisted on holding. The only time she took part was when her mom had asked her to.

The Singh girl had moved into the town at a young age and with time grew bored with the repetitive routine she upheld. Nothing changed, ever, and she hated it. She wanted nothing more than to kiss the towns sorry ass goodbye and live in the city, where people couldn't give two shits about you and your life.

Which became the main reason Parvati studied twice as hard as any other person at Chilton, Hartford.

Soon, the subtle act of studying became sort of like a hobby for the girl, a comfort activity, if you will. It allowed her to breathe, to calm down, it reassured her in ways no one else could. However, one can only do so much studying before feeling empty inside, like there's a massive void that needs filling, which is why the girl became overjoyed when she learned that someone new was coming to town.

It was different. She would be seeing a new face everyday instead of the old, boring ones she saw on a day to day basis.

The day was like every other, calm, serene, and no major event taking place that could change the course of everyones life in a mere second. Parvati was boarding the bus from Hartford to Stars Hollow when she suddenly became aware of the amount of people in the bus. There was hardly any space when she walked around and scoped out the area to see if luck was on her side that day, and in hindsight it was, but to the common folk it was not.

She walked to the back of the bus where she found a boy with crazy raven colored hair, he had a leather jacket on with a huge bag next to him. Parvati assumed it was full of clothes and stuff. The bag was placed on a seat next to him when she walked up to him.

    "is that seat taken?" she asked politely as the boy just grunted and nodded his head. He didn't make eye contact and there was something telling her that it wasn't actually occupied by a visible human being. "Cut the crap, is it taken or not?"