chapter viii

❝𝐒𝐎𝐌𝐄𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐖𝐇𝐎 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐒 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐖𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐃𝐍'𝐓 𝐃𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐒❞

HER PARENTS, MOHAN AND ANJALI, WEREN'T THE LOVABLE COUPLE THEY MADE THEMSELVES OUT TO BE TO THE PUBLIC

Outside of their homes they acted. Acted happy, acted perfect but at home they were so far from happy and perfect. They had fought every second of every day ever since Parvati was a child - maybe even before that. She hated it, understandably so, but what people never understood was why she wanted nothing more than for her parents to get divorced. Mohan and Anjali never just fought with their words, there were many times when seven year old Parvati woke up early and fresh in the morning only to find her mother covered in bruises.

"oh, I just fell down the stairs dear. I'll be alright" a never-ending excuse her mother used whenever she asked what happened. Sad part that was Parvati was too young to realize how bad 'falling down the stairs' was. Although, as Parvati grew older and wiser with time she began to figure out what was actually happening. Mohan had this horrible habit of acting on anger and regretting his actions later on, showering them with expensive gifts for weeks on end. And Parvati learned to hate it. Being a child and all the gifts made her happy but now they're just a reminder of how sick and twisted her dad really is.

Parvati opened the door to find her dad holding and empty flower vase in his hands held behind his head in air aimed and ready to be thrown at Anjali. She stood there stunned as her parents heads turned towards her. Mohan set the vase down as Parvati ran up to her mother.

"Mom!" she yelled as she frantically searched her body for any fresh bruises. "Mom, are you okay? did he hurt you?" she asked in between short breaths and threatening tears.

"I didnt do shit to her" Mohan said angrily as he walked up to Monica

"Don't touch her" she warned as she stood in front of Anjali.

"Sweety listen" he started as Parvati began to hear the slurring in his voice.

"You're drunk. You're drunk and you were about to hurt mom" she said as Mohan shook his head and almost fell back. Parvati did nothing to catch him from almost falling. "you can't- you can't keep acting like this and then buy us stuff to buy our love back, it's not right!" she was yelling now as she let the prickling tears from her eyes fall.

"I can do whatever I want!" Parvati found it pretty hard to take him seriously with all the slurring of his voice and the smell of beer wafting from his breath.

Anjali was pulling her daughter back from her father in fear he would try to hurt her. Mohan was a narcissistic asshole who never supported Parvati emotionally but he would never hurt her. At first, that was a redeeming quality of his in Parvati's eyes but not anymore.

Parvati searched around the house for a phone desperate to call someone, anyone. She couldn't stay here knowing that at any moment her dad could try to hurt her mother. When her eyes caught sight of a phone she ran for it and quickly dialed the one person she knew would do anything for her and her family - excluding Mohan, of course.