chapter xi

❝𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐋𝐎𝐍𝐃 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐀𝐂𝐄❞

"WHAT'D YOU GET FOR QUESTION 5B?" Rory asked looking down at her assignment, twirling the pen in-between her fingers as Parvati flipped through her assignment pages.

"Leo Tolstoy, duh"

"Correct" Rory smiled as she read through more of her answers, checking if she answered each and every one of them properly.

"English Lit sucks" Parvati said as Rory rolled her eyes.

"You're an avid reader" she pointed out as the Singh girl shrugged her shoulders.

"All I hear is Mr Medina talking gibberish, y'know, slurring his words together" she said as she drank some of her coffee. "I guess I'm just more into maths and science" Parvati watched as Rory's face began to frown in judgment. Seems like Rory doesn't like science. "Don't look at me with those judgey-little eyes"

"English Lit is fun. It's about poetry, beauty, romance, love-" Rory began with a coy smile as Parvati interrupted her. She held out her pointer finger to signal Rory to stop as she made a sound of distate.

"You can't reference Dead Poets Society and expect me to have a change of heart" Parvati chuckled as Rory smiled at her. "Although, Robin Williams does make a fine argument about the arts" she admitted with a small smile on her face.

"Can't argue with that logic" The Gilmore shrugged.

"Would you like some more coffee?" Parvati was very accustomed to having guests over, and the proper etiquette of keeping them entertained and making them feel at home. A trait she gets from her mother.

"Yes, yes ,yes"

Parvati walked into the kitchen thinking to herself. It was weird, getting along with Rory like they were friends. She brushed it off as she made her way to the coffee machine, once the assignments are over they'll probably just go back to ignoring and loathing each other. Maybe not loathe...

"hey, we still have a lot to do" Rory said mindlessly as she walked into the kitchen with a stack of papers in her hands. "and it's due on Thursday" she groaned as she slumped her shoulders. Parvati handed her her coffee with a half smile.

"see why I hate English Lit now?"

"I'm starting to" her hand met her forehead with a soft smack as she raked over her hair. "I say we go to Luke's"

"I just gave you your coffee" Parvati said as Rory tipped over her mug to show her that it was empty, signifying that she had downed the entire cup in a fleeting moment of stress. How were they supposed to finish that much work in just two days?