chapter v

❝𝐇𝐎𝐖 𝐀𝐁𝐎𝐔𝐓 𝐀 𝐋𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐋𝐄 𝐁𝐄𝐓? ❞

AFTER HOURS AND HOURS OR DRESS FITTING Parvati had finally had enough. Dress upon dress, fabrics after fabrics, the poor girl thought her head might explode from all the incessant yelling coming from her grandmother, and left me tell you Diane's voices isn't the prettiest of voices. It's nasaly and loud and it always seems to leave a distinct ringing that lasted for longer than normal.

The dresses she tried on were either to big or too small or made her look to fat, too thin, too tall, too short and it was driving, not only Parvati but Anjali, insane as well.

"Mom, she looked perfect in all those dresses" Anjali said exasperated as Parvati sent her mother a quick smile of gratitude.

"No! No they aren't"

"There's nothing wrong with the dress though!" she argued as, Diane who has had enough for the day started yelling profanities that Anjali never thought her capable of saying. "Mom, maybe you should calm down" Anjali said nervously.

"I know there's nothing wrong with the dresses, I picked them out!" she yelled as Angelica looked at her in confusion.

"Then what's wrong"

And that's when Parvati looked up at the two women in horror, terribly afraid of what her grandmother was going to say and prayed that it wasn't what she thought it was, although it most probably would be. Why wouldn't it? Diane has all the words in the world to throw at Parvati about her body.

"I'm not quite sure, maybe we should take her measurements again" Diane said as she got up to get the cloth measure that was thrown somewhere on the table under the myriad of all kinds of different material.

"I don't think that's necessary, grandma" Parvati argued weakly giving Diane the opportunity to scoff and walk towards her with the measurer.

Diane held the measure against her arm to check the length and wrote it down on a piece of paper, she did the same with her leg and the entirety of her height. She then got to the part Parvati was dreading the most, the size of her waist and chest. When Diane got the final measurements of her waist she made a sound of displeasure causing Parvati to look down. She made the same sound when measuring her chest size and Monica felt her nose burn with her desperate attempts to keep her tears from rolling down.

"Maybe we should take a break, mom" said Anjali when she got the feeling that Monica was uncomfortable.

"Perhaps...ugh what's the use? We'll carry on tomorrow" she said and started packing up her stuff as Parvati quickly put on her shoes, jacket and grabbed her sketchbook, some pencils and ran out the door.