chapter x

❝𝘋𝘢𝘳𝘬 𝘙𝘦𝘥❞

THE DAY HAD COME AND GONE AS USUAL

Except today was a special day for Parvati as it was her birthday. She loved birthdays, especially hers, the occasion was so joyous to her. The giving and receiving of gifts was something Parvati really admired in society. Making people happy was something she really loved doing.

At five in the morning Anjali walked into her daughter's room, kissed her forehead causing Parvati to stir a little before she violently pulled her by her arm and engulfed the now seventeen year old in a warm, tight hug.

"Ohhh happy birthday, my dear" she said, plastering her face with kisses as Parvati laughed and attempted to squirm out of her mother's grasp.

"How long have you been up for?" Parvati asked causing Anjali to shrug.

"Early enough to make you something special, it's downstairs" she said with a smile as Parvati jumped out of bed and practically skipped some of the steps. Anjali yelled at her to be careful.

There was a setup with a beautiful chocolate and vanilla cake, some flowers and a box wrapped placed perfectly on the table. Parvati's first instinct was to pick up the flowers and smell them, taking in all the aromas before filling up a vase with water.

"I'll do this, you go open your present" tsked Anjali as she took the flowers away from her daughter.

"Why! I didn't notice it" she mock exclaimed as Anjali gave her a bored look which she replied with a cute innocent smile.

She went over to the brown box and opened it to find some of the most beautiful art supplies that she's had her eyes on for quite some time now. There were a variety of sketch pads all in different sizes for Parvati to choose from. There were pencils, paint brushes, acrylic and glossy paints, some felt tip lines, you name it she had it. She couldn't take her eyes off of them.

"Mom, I don't know what to say"

"Come on hun, you always know what to say, believe me" she replied, dragging that last part out causing Parvati to throw her hair band at her mother. "There's also some lip gloss and that mascara that you like so much" she told pointing to the box. Parvati ran up to her mom and gave her a big hug and a kiss on the cheek. "Get dressed, I want Luke's" she said shooing of her daughter.

Parvati went and got ready in her school clothes, she applied her new mascara and lipgloss adding a bit of light blush on her cheeks. She curled her hair and put on a white headband. The brunette loved to accessorized naturally she put on a necklace that she got from Lorelai on a random day and a ring. The promise ring that she always wore, the one Dean had gotten for them. The one he hasn't been wearing for a while.