|~|Prologue|~|

~~~3rd Person: (Y/n)~~~

~~~5 YEARS AGO~~~

(Y/n) Kunikida is an 18-year-old boy working under a 17-year-old named Osamu Dazai. The two boys were sitting around while waiting to receive orders from their boss. They had both recently been paired together around a month ago.

Dazai swirled a spoon around in a ceramic cup filled with different kinds of lethal poisons, "So, (Y/n), what made you join the Mafia?"

(Y/n) quickly replied, "Thought this would've been an easy way to go out."

Dazai lightly laughed, "Really?"

"No, idiot," (Y/n) rolled his eyes, "My brother and I's parents passed when we were younger, so I needed something to get my mind off of it."

Dazai nodded in acknowledgment, "Want some?" Dazai motioned the cup full of poison over to (Y/n).

(Y/n) quickly took the cup, "Hell yeah! I'll take a cup of poison anytime!" He quickly drank the entire glass of poison in a matter of milliseconds.

Dazai's face went pale, "I was asking if you wanted some, not all of it."

"Whoops. My bad," (Y/n) shrugged. He felt a little lightheaded, but that's what he thought he would feel from the poison.

"Shit, lightheadedness," (Y/n) flung his head back onto the chair.

"Wow," Dazai clapped, soon stopping, "Maybe you shouldn't have drank an entire glass of poison. Such a smart guy."

"Oh shut it, dumbass," (Y/n) groaned, "I'm gonna pass out for a bit."

"Alright, suit yourself. If the boss comes in, you're screwed," Dazai teasingly smiled.

(Y/n)'s head rose, "That's true. Welp, I'll have to push through this."

(Y/n) picked up a book that was on the side table. He held the semi-small red book in his hands. He examined the cover of the book before examining the back of it. He read the large words on the back of the book.

The Complete Guide to Suicide.

(Y/n) began to flip through the pages. Each page had different suicide methods on it, so this was undoubtedly Dazai's book.

Suddenly, the book was swiped out of his hands.

"Ah, ah, ah. You don't touch the executives' books without permission," Dazai teased.

"Sorry, Dazai," (Y/n) apologized.

~~~A Year Later~~~

(Y/n) was called to the boss' room. His mind wandered to two different things.

1. Where has Dazai been?

2. Why did the boss need him?

Maybe the boss meeting with him had something to do with Dazai.

Turns out, his hunch was correct.

(Y/n) watched the elevator doors slide open. He walked into the incredibly dark room and slightly approached the boss' desk.

(Y/n) did a small bow before speaking, "Did you need something, boss?"

"Yes, I did," Ougai smiled, "It's about Dazai."

(Y/n)'s eyes lightly widened. Why did he care so much about this suicidal dude? For all he knew, Dazai could've killed himself.

"Dazai quit his position as a Port Mafia executive," Ougai spoke with his naturally calm tone. He took a sip of tea before placing the cup down. The collision noise of the cup and the coaster it sat on echoed throughout the office.

"Therefore, this means you will have to take his spot as a Port Mafia executive," Ougai smiled. "Welcome to the executives."

(Y/n)'s mood couldn't decide whether to be happy or sad. He was happy that he was getting an upgrade to an executive, but he was upset that Dazai was gone.

(Y/n) lifted his head and looked at Ougai, "I promise I won't disappoint, boss."

"Good. Now, feel free to go to your new office," The boss smiled.

(Y/n) left the boss' room and went to the elevator. He pressed the button to go to the floor that Dazai's office was on. He waited patiently for the elevator to get to the hallway.

Why did Dazai leave the Port Mafia, though? He heard recently that he went on a mission and quit almost immediately after, so (Y/n) considered that.

His thoughts got interrupted whenever he heard the elevator ding. He walked down the hallway and into Dazai's office. He just now started to realize how much of a mess the office was, so he decided to do a little housekeeping.

~~~

(Y/n) hummed as he started to clean around the office. He was almost done cleaning the room, and it only took him 3 hours.

Almost out of nowhere, he heard a knock on the door.

"Come in," (Y/n) calmly spoke while reorganizing books on a bookshelf.

(Y/n) looked at who entered the room, and it was Chuuya.

"Yo (Y/n), I heard you got a promotion," Chuuya casually spoke, "Good job."

"It's nothing, it's only because Dazai quit," (Y/n) frowned, "I would've liked to earn the promotion because of skill, but beggars can't be choosers."

"Makes sense," Chuuya sat down on a chair in the middle of the room. He picked up an all too familiar book.

"Hey," Chuuya held up the book, "Wasn't this that suicidal dork's book?"

(Y/n) turned around and saw the book.

The Complete Guide to Suicide.

"Y-Yeah, that was his," (Y/n) stumbled on his words. He made his way to where Chuuya was sitting and took the book. (Y/n) opened the book and saw words written on the back of the cover.

Hey (Y/n)! Sorry for leaving so suddenly. While
I was on my mission, I came to realize something.
That, I will tell you if we ever see each other again.
So, since we may never see each other again, I

decided to leave you this book as an act of gratitude.
Also, thanks for being such a great partner!
-O. Dazai

(Y/n) smiled sympathetically at the note. Chuuya looked at him with pure disgust, though.

Chuuya chortled, "What are you smiling so sappily at?"

"Nothing," (Y/n) lightly laughed.

"Just because you took Dazai's spot as an executive doesn't mean you have to start acting like him," Chuuya rolled his eyes.

"I'm not gonna, it's just my nature," (Y/n) replied while putting the passed-down book on a bookshelf.

No matter what, even if (Y/n) had to leave his hometown to find Dazai, he would find him. No matter the struggle, no matter the consequences. He will die trying to find this maniac, and that's a promise.

I mean, they're One in the Same.

~~~

Word count: 967 words

YOOO THE PROLOGUEEE
So ye here's the prologue lolz
I may not update this book a ton because haheahehaehHEAHEHAEH-
Anyway, I need to sleep-
It's 2 am-

Make sure to eat something, sleep for at least an hour, drink some water or alcohol idc, and don't forget to MOST IMPORTANTLY vote on this chapter!!! :}