|~|Chapter 1: Reunion|~|

~~~3rd Person: (Y/n)~~~

Today was one of (Y/n)'s few days off from work. He ever rarely got breaks from work due to his occasion. Also, the Port Mafia had laid a ton of paperwork and murder missions onto him.

(Y/n) sat in his and Doppo's living room. (Y/n) had his legs rested comfortably on the table while he had The Complete Guide to Suicide propped on his chest.

(Y/n) had never stopped reading the book. Every time he would see Doppo or anybody else, he'd at least have the book with him. (Y/n) found the book interesting and surprising even after reading it over 20 times.

(Y/n) flipped to the front of the book and reread the note that Dazai left. His eyes sparkled at the note like they always had.

(Y/n) heard footsteps followed by a deeper voice fill the house, "(Y/n)? You're reading that book again?"

"Yes, Doppo," (Y/n) closed the book and put it down. He sat up and looked at the younger man.

"Say, a co-worker of mine reads that book," Doppo continued, "I think you two would be great friends. I can barely handle him..."

(Y/n) stood up, "Doppo, I finally have a day off. Why would I want to go to your workplace?"

"(Y/n)," Doppo looked in his ideals book, "Do you want to go or not? I'm almost behind on my schedule."

(Y/n) annoyingly smiled, "Fine. Also, you've gotta lay back on your schedule. You can't always be on point with every minute and secon-"

(Y/n) stopped mid-sentence and saw the door wide open. Doppo was already on his way to work.

"You little-" (Y/n) clenched his fists before walking out of the door.

~~~

Doppo guided (Y/n) to the agency's office. "Ok, it may be chaotic once you get inside. It'll be especially chaotic if Dazai is in there."

Dazai?

(Y/n) mentally slapped himself before nodding. (Y/n) shoved his hands in his pockets and braced himself. Considering he works for the enemy organization, he didn't know whether they would know or not.

He never really shows himself to anyone. The only time he shows his face is to his opponents.

Even they never get to share his appearance.
They're usually dead.

(Y/n) watched Doppo turn the knob and open the door. Immediately, a familiar tone rang out.

"Sooo, what's been going on with the Port Mafia? Any news?"

(Y/n) perked up whenever he heard the familiar voice. He thought his mind was playing tricks on him, so he decided to bring out his book and start reading it. It was something he did whenever he would get anxious.

"Good morning, everyone," Doppo said to everyone else. (Y/n) watched as he took a seat at his desk.

That's when (Y/n) heard the familiar voice ring out again.

"Who are you?"

(Y/n) looked up.

Osamu Dazai.

"O-Oh.., I'm (Y/n), Doppo's older brother. He invited me to come to his workplace for today since I had a day off from my work," (Y/n) put the book down and bowed.

"Hmm.., (Y/n), you say? I've heard that name somewhere," Dazai thought.

(Y/n) nodded and stood there awkwardly.

"Say, I've also heard your name somewhere," (Y/n) replied. He tried acting clueless, but apparently, Dazai could tell that he wasn't.

Dazai spoke almost immediately after (Y/n) finished his sentence, "Do you and I know each other?"