Chapter 1: Hometown

It is spring 2004, almost 72 years after the zombies spread, and the zombies don't decompose somehow.  The intelligent zombies and plants live in a society, that once belonged to their past human selves. In the suburb across the city's bay, is where a human man named Crazy Dave, and his niece, Patrice live alongside all their plants. Crazy Dave has a collection of all 49 types of plants originally manufactured by Bloom and Doom Seed Co.

Peashooter's Point-of-View:

Today is a beautiful morning, and just like any other day, I absorb the vitamins and water I need and begin my day. The big, matured plants are guarding the lawn, as usual. They usually switch shifts every twelve hours, right now was the day shift. I take a look to admire the plants, they are so cool, and I want to be a Gatling Pea someday. I saw Sunflower, "Good morning Sun!" I call out to her. "Good morning Pea!" she replies to me. I meet up with Wall-nut. He asks: "Do you want to play on the GameCube?" I rushed to go play the GameCube. I always loved it ever since Crazy Dave bought it for us some time ago.

Wall-nut: "Come on, let's play Double Dash together."

We boot up the game and try to continue the 150cc Grand Prix we have been working on. It's been difficult for us both, but I feel like the computers are just straight up cheating. I play as the driver and Wall-nut plays as the passenger. I pick Baby Mario while Wall-nut picks Toad. We both choose the Wario Car because we both think it looks cool. We continue trying to do the Star Cup, we are so close to finishing the game. The screen pans out onto Sherbet Land, we start with a poor start. The track was very slippery. After four traumatic races, we end up losing the Star Cup.

Me: "Ugh! Those bots were cheating, Jesus Christ!"

Wall-nut: "The audacity to have the bots cheat... Fuck you, Nintendo!"

Sunflower comes towards us, probably after hearing us get mad. She sometimes helps us with Mario Kart: Double Dash, she is good at the game.

Sunflower: "Struggling again?"

Wall-nut: "Yep, those bots just absolutely cheat man, it sucks."

Sunflower: "Remember, you gotta drift, you need to press the 'L' or 'R' button to drift. It helps make cornering easier."

Sunflower was so good at the game. She destroyed the bots and won in almost every cup. 

Sunflower: "It's seriously not that hard guys."

Me: "Alright, we'll get good."

We all decide to stop playing and do other things. I told Sunflower that I wanted for us to have our movie night tonight, and I said we should sleep as we would be staying up very late at night. There was not much to do now. So I just took a nap for tonight.

Sunflower's Point-of-View:

Peashooter told me to stay awake tonight. Now it was 11 P.M. When I went into the living room, I saw he already had made popcorn for me. He had all the Blu-rays and everything. He asked me what movie I would like to watch. I said I wanted to watch Beauty and the Beast and started to eat our popcorn. After Beauty and the Beast, we started to watch movies after movies.