Chapter 3: The Last Stand

Sunflower's Point-of-View:

We were all under grueling and demanding work. Crazy Dave demanded lots of Gatling Peas and Winter Melons to prepare for the attack. I was spitting out as much sun as possible. We need to have to ultimate defense set up as possible. The Sun-shrooms were even woken up to meet the massive sun demand. The Sun-shrooms hated every second of this. They hated sun and I had to listen to them complaining too, "Fuck sun! Why do I have to make it!?" which doesn't make anything better! Repeaters and Winter Melons being upgraded whenever they could be. And lots of Cacti were already at their posts. All the lives of the young plants (including me and Winter Melon) mattered. The weaker plants stayed inside the house to protect Crazy Dave in case any zombies managed to get inside.

Our ultimate defenses for the pool and frontyard were one column of Cacti, four columns of Gatling Peas, a column of Torchwoods in front of the Gatling Peas, and a wall of Tall-nuts and Spikerocks which would be impenetrable by any means. For the roof, there were five columns of Winter Melons, a column of Cacti, and a wall of Tall-nuts in front, which had one my friends in it. No zombies can get in now. All we had to do was just wait. We wait for hours, when it got darker, fog settled in the neighborhood. Planterns had been placed to illuminate the fog.

Meanwhile, at Dr. Zomboss' office:

Dr. Zomboss: "So, has David submitted?"

Zombie: "No, they haven't."

Dr. Zomboss: "Since how long ago did I send that letter?"

Zombie: "Almost 24 hours ago."

Dr. Zomboss: "Alright. If that's what David wants, then gather the zombies! We're going to get their brains tonight!"

West Seattle Bridge:

A very large horde of zombies was crossing the bridge. Almost every kind of zombie was approaching. There were hundreds of Gargantuars and Giga-gargantuars. Zomboss was leading the horde in his new, remastered robot. He orders the brown coat zombies to arrive at Crazy Dave's house first. The rest of the horde will arrive later. The tactic of making humans underestimate the zombies' true power in numbers has mostly worked very well.

Back at Crazy Dave's home:

Sunflower's Point-of-View:

Some zombies finally showed up. I anticipated a much larger horde of zombies, but no. The attack was really lame. It was just all brown coat zombies. I could just sit here and watch forever as the Gatling Peas cheesed through the horde. Soon, I saw a Gargantuar, but this Garg looked off. He had red eyes and took unusually long to die. He smashed the Spikerocks several times before he finally died. Was it a 'Giga-gargantuar' like what the neighbor was saying? I can't believe a zombie so strong actually existed. Then the zombies stopped coming.

CRASH! 

I heard a loud crash from above. It sounded like it was made of metal. This was beginning to get scary. When I looked out the window, I saw and heard the most terrifying thing I ever saw in my life. The ignition of dozens of Zombonis, the inflation of balloons, lots Catapult come wheeling in, the music of Jack-in-the-Box Zombies, lots of Ladder Zombies, many tunneling Digger Zombies, and many of those red-eye Gargs, ALL AT ONCE. The rear line of Cacti were all sniped, except the pool Cacti. The Gatling Peas looked like they couldn't take them all. A pool Cactus and a Gatling Pea ran back into the house. The fog dissipated and it started to rain very heavily.