Chapter 4: The Flooded City

Peashooter's Point-of-View:

We brought a sobbing Patrice down to the basement and managed to lock the door. We immediately heard an explosion afterward.

Patrice: "No! Uncle Dave! He's gone. Forever."

Starfruit: "Don't worry, we'll just regrow him after all this shit blows over. It's real simple."

Patrice: "You can't regrow humans! Once a human dies, they're gone forever.

Before, Crazy Dave gave us a map and his car keys. The map didn't make sense at all, but there was a line that starts at the left part, then down for a bit, then it goes all the way to the right part, which Patrice says is the bridge we must cross. Then the line goes down again. There was writing that said this line was the escape route.

Patrice: "So, we're going to have to find the bridge from here to downtown, take the highway, and leave."

We stacked objects climb out of the basement window, before the zombies bust into the basement. We got over to the garage, and Patrice unlocked and started the green hatchback. We sped off as fast as possible as the zombies pour into our house. 

Me: "Alright, so there's Me, Sunflower, Wall-nut, Winter Melon, Gatling Pea, Starfruit, Fume-shroom, and... Chomper... ugh..."

Chomper: "You insulting me, dipshit?"

Fume-shroom: "No offense, but you deserved to die to the zombies."

Chomper: "You little, sh-"

Starfruit: "Can you stop? We just barely escaped death! We don't need Fume-shroom to get hurt!"

Chomper: "Who are you to stop me, huh!?"

Patrice: "Stop Chomper, or I'll throw you out of the car. Starfruit's right... Uncle Dave's dead..."

Sunflower: "It's okay Patrice, we'll all get over this."

Patrice struggled to read Crazy Dave's crude map, the heavy, windy rain didn't help either. Whatever it is, we were driving away from our home, which we may never see again. The point now was to escape the city, nothing else. We went through the dark town. The trees were all rustling and shaking, some trees had even fallen. There was no light, not even moonlight. Only the headlights illuminated the darkness. Some houses had their lights on, and on a rainy night like this, I could only imagine sitting by the fireplace with Sunflower. Just chatting to each other.

Fume-shroom: "Where's that bridge? It's nowhere to be seen."

Chomper: "For once I agree with Fume-shroom. It's all just houses and shit, no bridge."

Sunflower: "You know, once we're out of town, maybe we can live out in the countryside Pea."

Peashooter: "I'd prefer to tour the world After all we're through with this, I'll take you on a trip across the world!"

Chomper: "Peashooter and Sunflower sitting on a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-"

Suddenly all of us saw blinding, yellow lights in the dark rainstorm. They were heading towards us at high speed.

"Patrice, LOOK OUT!"

* HONK! HONK! *

"AAAAAAAAHHH!"

* CRASH! *

"Ugh..."

The car was flipped over, my friends were all groaning. Patrice had fainted. Looking from the back window, I saw a white box truck, which was probably the blinding light before. There were two figures in raincoats near us, I couldn't see them clearly. When my vision recovered, they were two zombies.