8

I've been itching to put one more chapter on here this but between sleeping and recuperating during the weekend, I didn't have time to edit.

Please 🥺 make my work worth it by commenting please.

Alhaji looked out of the four seater helicopter trying to fix it's landing point, the ground, a cloud of dust blew up as a convoy of five cars arrived the helipad's building. 

"How many cars are those?" Alhaji asked Elijah who was seated next to him answering emails to the headquarters. Elijah looked out as well and frowned, "This is too much. I clearly asked them to send the bulletproof bus and a police escort," He slid out his phone immediately from his inner suit pocket and called someone. 

While the phone rang, the Helicopter parked on the Helipad and slowly, the rotors wound to a stop. The person on the other end picked and as though he anticipated Elijah's question, he quickly gave a string of words that explained the unusual event. He ended the call and let his hand drop, the phone still in it. 

"Yes?" Alhaji asked irritatedly, Elijah swallowed before responding, "DSS orders." Alhaji groaned before stretching out his hands to get out of the helicopter. 

He took out his phone from his Light grey Kaftan pocket and called the Director general of the DSS. They exchanged pleasantries before Alhaji showed his disappointment at the treatment. 

"Why am I being treated like a wanted criminal? Five cars? I might as well be president then." The man on the other end laughed a bit, before saying a few words that should have pacified Alhaji, instead it incensed him. 

"It will soon be over? How soon, are you ready to give me a date?" Alhaji pointed in Elijah's direction before putting the phone on speaker. The conversation was heard by the both of them. 

"Ahn ahn, why are you so pressed? Men your stature ask for security from us and they take a convoy of ten cars, stop complaining Bindawa, just accept this thing and go." Alhaji paused, releasing a breath in the anger that simmered in him. He patted his chest and answered with some sarcasm, 

"That's why I'm Abdullah Bindawa, not any other person. Once this farce is over, you guys take your security back." He ended the call and descended the stairs to the parking lot where the cars where waiting. One of the plain clothed officers saluted him and Alhaji stopped in irritation before getting into the vehicle, Elijah entering beside him. 

They took an expressway on a long forty minutes drive to the local government Alhaji hailed from, Chiroma, soon they got into the town that Alhaji hailed from, driving straight to the Central mosque where he stepped out of the car in some more irritation at the people saluting him left and right. 

He had told Elijah to warn them not to blow any sirens or he'd never work with them again. When he finished his ablution, he took out his phone, put it on silent before putting it in his chest pocket.

A video that he sent to Maymunatu about always having one's phone on body parts came to him and he laughed quietly before proceeding to the mosque. 

Just before he stepped in to join those who came late, the son of the Chief Imam waved at him from afar, he reached him in no time and invited him to a space in the front. "My daddy said that whenever you come, you should come to the front." Alhaji sighed before following the boy to the said seat in the front. It was right behind the Chief Imam. 

About forty minutes later, he and the Emir whom he'd flown to visit were exchanging terse pleasantries, waiting to get into a place where no one would hear them to have their conversation. Immediately they stepped into the air-conditioned throne room, Alhaji turned and locked out everyone who was following them.