29

Hellooooo my Lovliesss. The most anticipated chapter has arrived! Yayy!

I want to say a huge thank you to you all for voting, for reading, for sharing my book every time. May God abundantly bless you all with clear skin. 😂😂

Please 🥺🙏🏽 don't forget to vote, comment, to share with your friends (and enemies) and to follow me as well on Wattpad.

Happy Reading.

"Final patient, baby number seven of twelve, is now breathing better." Alhaji let his eyes shut of their own Accord, he was the most tired person on the universe but he knew he couldn't sleep, there was so much to be done. He had to fly to Kano at the earliest possible time to meet up with eleven am Wedding Fatiha and he was yet to leave Lagos as at two thirty in the morning.

He took off the sterile cap he had on his head and blew out a breath ad he followed the senior consultant doctor out of the sterile room. They'd been at it for over thirty two hours and were now all tired.

Alhaji bent to take off the sterile cover on his personalized Crocs and threw them all into the biodegradable medical waste bin that was bear the door. He removed the face mask and entire blue gown he wore over his scrubs.

"Dr Bindawa, thank you so much for doing this with us, we're so very grateful." Alhaji dumped everything into the red hot bin that was set up to burn everything they came out of the sterile ICU with.

He leaned over a sterile aluminum tap outside the room and washed his hands and face thoroughly, rinsing them only after a minute. Then he shook hands with the consultant who they'd labored day and night together to get the children breathing again.

"You really didn't have to do this with us, but we're thankful you did. Those children will be alive because of your help, thank you, sir." Alhaji tiredly shook his head in direction of the doctor who had made the mistake that caused grievous respiratory harm to twelve babies under three weeks old.

"How on earth did you make such a mistake?" He asked the younger man, He looked at the name on the badge and narrowed his eyes.

"It was honestly a mistake, but more a error on the part of the hospital authorities as they didn't test the drugs before giving it to the children." The senior consultant was the one who answered for the resident doctor.

"Even though, didn't he check on his patients? What sort of bedside manners do you have such that you didn't even check? Children were literally dying and you'd have just lost your license over your own negligence and the wickedness of another person!" Alhaji's voice raised at the end, he remembered how disappointed Nadia and everyone had felt when they heard he would not be at the Kamu, all because of the irresponsible doctor that stood before him and the head of Henny Penn in Nigeria.

"I will never do that again, never ever again. I took an oath and I'll forever live by it, I promise sir." Alhaji jerked his lips wryly, whether the resident doctor did well or not, Henny Penn would definitely get their deserts and he was only just beginning with them.

"Can I have an electronic log of the patient notes? We'll need it for what we're about to do." Alhaji informed them as they approached the door that held off the parents of the little babies. The consultant assured Alhaji that everything was ready and they would proceed as planned the next day.

Alhaji watched with interest as the resident doctor unlocked the heavy glass doors with a key and pushed them open while Alhaji and the rest of the team went through, the parents swarmed on them almost immediately, asking if their children were well. One woman, a widow had been said to have collapsed several times because there was no news of the children's survival.