12.

Hello my lovelies 😍😍, who missed me? I have been in Camp since Sunday last week and between waking up at three to sleeping at ten, I've really not had time for myself, apologies for the lack of Monday's update.

Please enjoy this chapter, make my hard work worth it and please comment.

Happy Reading.

"Gwaggo!" 

Maymunatu opened the door with a flourish, rushing to lean on her grandmother's knees and cupping her face. 

"This child, don't break my creaking bones." Alhaji who had come out of the house right after Maymunatu laughed heartily before greeting his mother. The older woman pulled her atampa scarf over her forehead more before lifting her hand out for Alhaji to hold. 

"Assalamualaikum Maama." She got out and looked him up and down, like she had always done even when he was a child. 

"Walaikum Salam Abdullahi. I'm here now, I hope you had good reason for me to wake up so early to come here." Alhaji laughed and supported his mother to the door, the driver had parked very close to the steps that led to the front door. Alhaji helped her navigate the steps in her flat slippers and tied atampa wrapper. 

"I had them bring you here because, you need to get your regular check-up done." They'd finally reached the front door before his mother reacted. 

"Why am I going to a hospital after selling my wedding gold to send you to Cambridge?" Alhaji threw his head back and laughed, so loud that Maymunatu who had taken in her grandmother's Kurt Geiger bag came back out to see what caused the disturbance. 

"I'm a pharmacist, not a general physician. You still need to get tests done, then I know what supplements or medicine to prescribe for you." She eyed him before stretching out her hand for Maymunatu to hold and assist her into the house. 

Mama Tas was waiting at the door, she greeted Gwaggo respectfully and helped her to a seat, taking her from Maymunatu. After Gwaggo was comfortably seated on the sofa with a throw pillow over her lap, she waved her finger in Maymunatu and Mama Tas' direction. 

"You people treat me like I'm porcelain, I'm just an old woman," Mama Tas laughed as she took a cup of hot Earl Grey tea from the maid beside her and put it on the side table nearest to Gwaggo. 

"We treat you like this because you're the best Gwaggo in the whole world." Maymunatu plopped down into a seat beside her grandmother, leaning into the older woman. Gwaggo quickly dropped the teacup she had picked up and pushed Maymunatu playfully. 

"Please don't startle my heart. I'm too old for this." Instead of taking her hands off her granddaughter, she pulled her closer. 

With a whisper, she asked, "Is your grounding done now?" Maymunatu nodded with her lips turned down in remorse. Maymunatu had called Gwaggo to help beg Alhaji once her punishment was close to it's end, but Gwaggo had admonished her to take it in stride instead. 

They both turned to watch Alhaji instruct a house staff on something they couldn't hear from the sofa even though the door was opened and they could see them clearly. It showed how big the house was. 

"I brought you that necklace you liked the last time you visited and some atampa wrappers that you can sew immediately." Maymunatu immediately launched herself into her grandmother's arms and kissed her passionately several times. 

"No one has taken me shopping since I came, my friends got me into trouble so they're a no show, I found a new friend but she's like me, always indoors reading a book. I-" Alhaji rapped a light knock on the back of his daughter's head in mock anger.