17

If you haven't read Chapter 15&16, this is a time to do so. Please also leave a comment and vote on 15,16 and 17 as well.

This chapter is for My Darling, mz_bushirah who's birthday is today. Happy Birthday my darling, May God bless you abundantly, may Dollars 💵 roll in your account this year.

Happy Reading guys.

"This is for Gynecology. Tell them I gave you this note to see Doctor Nosakhare, she's a specialist OB/GYN. You'll be getting the best from her, luckily she's on duty today." CMD handed a note to Nadia who stood before him with a grateful smile, she accepted the note and walked out of his office. 

The sixty year old Chief Medical Director had overhead she and Folake discuss how hard it was to see a gynecologist due to her clashing shifts. He heard and he gave her a few hours off to go two floors down to see the doctor. 

The elevator whirred to a stop on the twelfth floor where Nadia stepped out with three other women. The interior was wide, open plan, with a batch of chairs and a white marker board Nadia thought had to be for the projector they used in teaching Natal classes. It was the obestrics and gynecology department of Diezemane hospital. 

"Hello," Nadia greeted once she reached the front desk. She stretched out the note CMD gave her and once the nurse read it, she asked for Nadia's file number, and in a few seconds it was brought up on the computer, a receipt for the doctor visit was printed for Nadia and she was ushered in to see the doctor immediately. 

She sat in the quiet office, waiting in silent trepidation. It was not as though she didn't know what would be found, she just didn't know how mild or severe her case would be. She had only accepted her diagnosis that one time and had never gone back to do a follow-up. 

"Hello, so sorry for the wait. I'm Dr Nosa." A greying woman entered the room with a flourish, her grey hair in a short bob. She looked Nadia up and down before saying, "You're a nurse here?"

Nadia nodded without speaking, she was so scared, her felt her heart would jump out of her mouth. "I work at CMD'S triage office, but I'm a surgical nurse." Dr Nosa shook her head. 

"The curse of this country, why would you be doing things not in your job description?" Nadia shrugged, she had known early on that many employers didn't know the rules of employment. They did as they wished. 

"I'm quite used to it already." Nadia answered with a smile, she couldn't say much as even though Dr Nosa was a specialist who was not fully situated at the hospital, she was still a staff just like Nadia. 

"So, what can I do for you today?" Nadia sighed and wringed her hands, then she raised her eyes and said, "I was diagnosed of PCOS at the Kano branch." 

"Ah." Doctor Nosa made a sound, then a small smile framed her delicate features. "When?" Nadia counted back, then she realized it had been almost a year. 

"Almost a year ago. I didn't go back for anymore." Dr Nosa nodded, taking notes on a clip board. "Have you noticed anything different between then and now?" She asked Nadia. 

"As a medical professional myself, I know how much a month is important to health, much less a year. I've only noticed that when I do get my period, it's painful than usual, there's three extra strands of hair on my chin, and it's quite difficult to keep my weight down or even hold it down to one figure, I could gain weight this month and lose it all without doing any workout the next month." Dr Nosa nodded, still noting lots of things down.