Chapter 1

? POV

  You know when I died I expected to stay dead. Not be reborn as, whatever I was. A shadow Papyri? Well that's what the other shadow Papyri was telling me. I'm apparently not a normal Papyri either, I'm short compared to the other ones and I have more personality apparently. No shit I have more personality, I was human before. We serve someone named 'Nightmare' who created us. We also don't have names, but we do have numbers. My number was 101, like seriously who needs that many 'minions'. Unless he is trying to take over the multiverse, then I understand.

Still, I am a pacifist, I hate hurting people at all. So instead of being a 'war' Papyri I was gonna be one of the Papyri that takes care of the castle. I don't mind, I really don't. I clean my section and do my tasks. After wards I'm free to do whatever, witch is when you will find me in the library reading whatever I can get my hands on. To be nice I've also been fixing up the holes in the castle without being asked. I get Dust's brother, the ghost papyrus that lives here, to make his brother get what I need to fix up the place.

I've never met Nightmare face to face, since he calls on the war Papyri, but he does know about 'the weird Papyri' that doesn't act like the others. By 'doesn't act like the others' I mean that I go read in the library. Nobody but ghosty Papyrus knows that I'm the one fixing up the holes tho. Papyrus refuses to tell his brother who's fixing the holes, the other Papyri don't know who it is and Nightmare is to prideful to command whoever is fixing the holes to tell him. The castle has slowly but surely been getting better. Papy calls it 'Your Pet Project' and 'Your Pride and Joy'.

He's not wrong either, I get extremely peeved when one of Nightmares idiots makes a new hole. The idiots know it too since the last time Dust and Killer got into a fight and made a huge wall their things went missing for weeks and reappeared in the most random of spots. Everyone else found it hilarious and after that actively tried to avoid making anymore holes. I 'rewarded' them by making their favourite foods and leaving it out for them at the next meal.

Safe to say, the idiots favourite past time was trying to figure out who was doing it. Even Chara, Cross's ghost, wanted to figure out who it it. Papy refers to me as 'Kage' when he talks about me to anyone. Its an inside joke between the two of us, and it would have continued to be an inside joke, if these STAR IDIOTS DIDN'T TRY TO DESTROY MY DAMNED CASTLE!

Let me tell you what happened, it was around lunch so everyone was peacefully eating their favourites since they've been good and haven't destroyed my castle for a good month.  When those barbarians decided to destroy my fucking front door! Everyone was fighting when I realized what those idiots had done, and a sudden ominous aura suddenly filled the air making everyone freeze. I don't really remember what happened but Papy told me I nearly dusted the star idiots using their own shadows. And now here I am in the library, silently fuming and reading a book on how to make grand doors so that I can fix my castle.

The only people comming near the library, or me in this case, is Papy and Nightmare. Papy because he knows I wouldn't hurt him, as for Nightmare? I have no clue, he just comes to watch me, Mabey ready a book. I still do everything else I did before the star morons destroyed my doors but you could still feel my silent fury. That incident happened about 2 weeks ago and I'm almost ready to get Papy to bully his brother into getting me the items that I need.

I was just trying to decide if I should go with big pure black doors or with big dark purple doors. I was debating with Papy when Nightmare came into the library again. I didn't notice it untill, "101, come here" a demand. After blinking my shock away, I teleported infront of him. I was in a kneeling/bowing position. "You may rise" witch I did so. This, is extremely werid not gonna lie.

Nightmare has never called for me, ever. It was painfully obvious that I had no clue what was going on, and I'm pretty sure Nightmare enjoyed that fact. "You have been the Papyri that has been fixing the castle up and cooking for us, correct?" Ah, that's what this is about. "Yes, Lord Nightmare" and before anyone asks questions, when addressing Nightmare we must address him as 'Lord Nightmare'. Don't ask me why, it's something he set into place when he made 1, aka the War Papyri General.

"Excellent, when will you be fixing the front door?" You know I'm still deciding witch door to use so why are you- oh. This is about control. "I'm nearly ready to start, I'm just finishing up picking what I will need then I will need the supply's to do so." "What do you need to finish picking out?" "All that's left is to pick out the colors." Papy was watching from where we were talking and he wasn't looking to happy, please don't do anything Papy, I know you can be protective but please hold your temper. "What are the colours?" "Pure Black and Dark Purple" "Dark Purple, now go order the supply's and start as soon as possible" "Yes Lord Nightmare"

I was then dismissed, witch Papy and I took the chance to leave the library. Papy took the chance to rant about Nightmare to me while I made the supply list of things I needed. Papy never liked Nightmare, at the fact that I, 'THE BEST SHADOW PAPYRI", name that he had given me, wasn't being used got under his skin. "Papy it's fine, really. It's not like you can do anything about it and if it came down to it Nightmare can order me to not talk to you. So please don't try anything."

Papy was still furious on my behalf but did drop the subject. Then Papy went on to tell me how Dust was being a lazybones and what not. About how he wasn't going after exp, how he hasn't been sparring as much and things like that. He also told how proud he was of Dust for holding his own against the star barbarians and for not destroying anything in the castle for a month and a half. Papy tended to switch personality when it comes to his brother. Hated him for being 'lazy' and not listening to him one minute then was proud of him for something the next.

Not many people really like Papy because of his wiplash like personal. I found it refreshing, and he is probably my only friend. Both this life and my last. All of my 'friends' were using me some way or another or were my family so they kinda had to be my friends. It was sad to say the least. Papy hasn't used me nor is he obligated to be my friend, and I'm thankful for that. I think back onto my old life and yeah, I'm happier in this life then I have ever been in my last life, even if Nightmare is a fucking control freak.

Chapter 1! What do you think? This was inspired by CosmicStars08. Hope you enjoyed <3