Chapter 9

Shadow POV

Papyrus and I were hanging out in my garden, working on it. We were having a blast, talking about past memories. "YOU WERE ALWAYS SO PROTECTIVE OF THE CASTLE, SHADOW! YOU NEARLY DUSTED THE STAR IDIOTS FOR DESTROYING THE FRONT DOORS!" "I worked hard to keep the castle in a livable condition! It's not my fault that the idiots can't respect someone's property."

I stand by that. They don't have the right to break in and destroy the castle I worked on to keep in livable conditions! Seriously, the others would have probably froze to death, or at least would have been absolutely miserable. So I decided to be nice, I never got a thanks. Not even after I became Shadow and they started to realize that I wasn't fixing it up anymore. Mother had to order a group of Shadow Papyri to fix the castle up. I could tell Mother was annoyed but I was in training so I couldn't even if I wanted too.

Back to the present Papy and I were talking, when I felt a newish Shadow Papyri enter the perimeter of my garden. They seemed, nervous, I think. It was hard to tell Shadow Papyri emotions since they were saturated in Mothers magic. "Princess Shadow?" Did I mention that Mother ordered the Shadow Papyri to refer to me as 'Princess'? Well he did. "Yes?" I don't call them by their numbers, even if it's displayed on their 'Uniform'. One I never wore even if it was technically mandatory.

"Lord Nightmare would like to speak to you in his office....." Ah, that's why their nervous. It's well known that I don't like Mother, at all. Sure I follow his rules, for the most part, and show 'respect', but I go out of my way to avoid him. "Let mother know that I'll be there once I put my gardening things away" "Of course Princess.' They bowed then left. "WHAT DO YOU THINK HE WANTS?" "I don't know Papy. Mabey I'll finally be told what my grades are?" "PERHAPS!"

Papy and I put the things for my garden away, witch has been moved to be in veiw of Mother's study, if you didn't know. It's why I was so scared for Papy. I don't think Mother can hear anything from his study though so hopefully it's not about that. Once that I was done I started walking to Mothers study, just so I could avoid him for a little while longer. Hey, I can be petty when I want to!

Once I reached the office I knocked on the door. "Come in, Shadow" I took a deep breath and walked in. Mother and my Mr.Tutor was here. So Mabey it is about my grades. I walked over, standing closer to the door then to the two people in the room. Mother narrowed his eyes but let it go, since I'm pretty sure he can feel the emotions that the tutor felt towards me. Normally I wouldn't get away with this busy again, the tutor's feelings towards me are particularly strong.

"We are here to talk about my heirs grades." Yeah, I kinda guessed. "I want to know why Shadow isn't improving as she should be." "She isn't very bri- "Do NOT lie to me. Shadow is an extremely smart girl and picks things up easily. It's why she was made my Heir, and wasn't killed when she was... Born." Huh? Is Mother, defending me? "Well I don't understand why she isn't improving if-" I decided to interrupt. I don't care at this point but if I get punished then oh well. "It's hard to improve when your teacher actively hates you and won't explain what you have done wrong."

As soon as those words left my mouth Mr.Tutor had a spike of fear and Mothers eyes narrowed onto them. Best part? It's true. Mr.Tutor never explains to me what I have done wrong, and actively hates me. "I see..." "She is lying-" "I can tell truth from lie, and my heir has not lied. She knows better then to lie to me." Witch is true. Its why I'll just avoid telling Mother anything if I don't want him knowing about something. Plus Mother can feel feelings so, it's kinda hard to lie to him.

"We can do this one of two ways. Either you improve your way of teaching my heir or you can be killed right now." Mr.Tutor flinched, "I-" "Shadow, you may leave." "Yes, Mother." I left as soon as those words left my mouth via-shadow travel. I met Papy in the library and we started talking. "SO IT WAS ABOUT YOUR STUDIES?" "Yes, Mother defended my when Mr.Tutor tried to say I was the reason I wasn't improving in my studies!" "BUT I THOUGHT THE REASON YOU WEREN'T GETTING BETTER WAS BECAUSE OF YOUR TEACHER NOT TELLING YOU WHAT YOU DID WRONG?"

"That is the reason. The teacher tried to lie his way out of it. Both Mother and I called them out on it. Mother is talking with them now actually. He says they either need to improve the way their teaching me or their gonna get killed." "WELL I GUESS SINCE YOUR NIGHTMARES HEIR THEN HE WOULD WANT YOU TO HAVE THE BEST EDUCATION POSSIBLE." I just nodded in response. I'm still in show that Mother said I'm smart. I also feel... Happy?

I shouldn't feel that way! Mother is bad! He hurts people and I couldn't talk to anyone for 6 months because of him! But... Was it really Mother's fault that I couldn't get control over my tendrils sooner? It was for the safety of the others after all... Plus Mother got me my phone, lets me do whatever I want in the mansion and I still have my garden witch he could have taken away.... Am I being a bad daughter? Like Mother said, he could have killed me but hasn't.... I file those thoughts away for later. I decide to just enjoy my time with Papy for now. After all, he is my best friend.

Here is Chapter 9! What are your thoughts? What do you think is gonna happen with the teacher?