Chapter 8

Time Skip 2 Years

Shadow POV

It's been 2 years since the potion incident. It took me 6 WHOLE MONTHS to gain control over my tendrils. You can bet your ass I tackled Dad into a hug, then trapped Papyrus in a doll for 6 months for making that stupid potion. Papyrus seemed to take it in stride. Still, I'm always second guessing everything he does now, not that I would ever tell him that.

After gaining control over my tendrils Mother set up a teacher for me... By that I mean he kidnapped a royal tutor from RoyalTale and forced them to teach me. At least I'm getting the best education? Poor Tutor though. He's probably getting killed when he can't teach me anymore, if we're being honest.

So that's why I refused to refer to him as anything other then Mr.Tutor, so that way I'm not attached to him. I had a weird dream where someone told me that Mother is going to get me siblings to use against me... I hope that doesn't happen. (No, the forth wall!)

What was I thinking about again? Oh! Mr.Tutor and a dream that I can't remember now. Mr.Tutor is really good at his Job, even if I can feel the terror he has for everyone in the mansion. Especially Mother and I. I can't really balme him but am I really that bad?

As for my grades, I have no clue. Only the Tutor and Mother are aloud to look at my grades. Mother keeps pushing me to do better, so I know I'm getting things wrong. I guess I'll have to put more effort into my studies. I don't want to lose garden time after all. Once I gain control over my tendrils Mother put up rules in place.

1) Bedtime is at 9pm

2) I'm to stay inside the mansion unless I'm at my garden

3) I'm to listen to everything Mother says

Those are the rules that Mother put into place. She said that their simple since I'm still young, and I'm more likely to remember 3 simple rules then lots of different rules. I'm not sure if that's good or bad to be honest. Mother also gave me a phone, a touch screen phone. Don't ask how mother got it for me, I don't know either.

It was a gift for gaining complete control over my tendrils, I think? I don't know, I'm just happy to have a phone! .... Even if I know mother goes through it every week. Something about not wanting me to talk to people who would make me 'turn against him' I'm sure. Only people on my phone are the people who live in the castle.

I don't think anyone but the people in the castle and Mr.Tutor knows about me, so who would try talking with me? We random texts and wrong numbers are a thing so Mabey that could happen? It could be fun if it did, but would probably never happen. Even if it did, I don't doubt Mother would block them on my phone.

Back to the tutoring thing, I've also been getting trained by everyone! It's honestly really fun, better then time with the tutor anyways. Kinda hard to want to improve when the person teaching to simultaneously is terrified of you and hates your guts. Or improve in general.

Apparently I have natural talent in staying Hidden so they have been focusing on my stealth mainly. Their also working on my senses and reading a situation they called it? I basically get to pretend to be a ninja! I get to collect information and steal things without getting caught. If I steal them without being noticed then I get to keep it.

Fair trade if u ask me. I can steal, not get in trouble and get what I want! It's not really good but I am Mother's heir so it's not that bad! ...Right? The others said it was okay so it should be. It's not like I'm stealing sentimental items. Just things like chocolate or some clothes. Yeah, it's fine, as long as I don't steal anything sentimental.

I wonder what Papy is up to right now? I used my shadows and 'saw' him out by my garden to that's where I went. Papy was talking with my plants? I wonder why? Whatever floats his boat I guess. "SHADOW IS MY BEST FRIEND AND I WANT HER TO BE HAPPY! SHE SEEMS HAPPY HERE BUT I CANT HELP BUT WONDER IF SHE WOULD BE HAPPIER IF SHE WASNT TRAPPED IN THE CASTLE."

.... Papy? Why would he talk like that, if Mother finds out he would be furious with him! I guess I should just not mention it, in case Mother finds out through me.... Shaking my head I ran up and hugged Papy from behind. He used to just be head and arms but I managed to give him a full ghost body so it was easier to hug him.

Everyone was surprised but just brushed it off as me getting curious with my magic and it happening because of a magic outburst. Apparently when 'babies' have magic outbursts anything can happen, it depends on their wants at the time. They assumed my want was a body for Papyrus and the magic giving him a a full ghost body.

I didn't correct them on that thinking and neither did Papy. I haven't had a magic outburst yet from what Papy has told me. It's one of the many secrets between Papy and I. All guarded in my mind, who knew it was so easy to create a strong mind-scape? I sure didn't. The book said it was supposed to be extremely difficult, guess it's something I'm natural at then.

"SHADOW! HOW ARE YOU DOING?" Papy seemed nervous, guess it's because of what he was talking about. "Hey Papy! I'm doing good, I was just bored and decided to spend time with my best 'and only' friend!" As sad as it is, Papy is my only friend. Dad is well, he's my dad now. We still hang out but he acts more like a father then a friend, witch I kinda enjoy actually. Mother is, well he's Mother. Enough said. As for the others well, it's not to say they don't care about me, but rather Mother doesn't want them getting close with me.

We hang out as long as Mother isn't around. Nobody wants an angry Mother. I still remember the office incident. Bad, bad, BAD memories. "WELL IM GLAD IM YOUR BEST FRIEND! YOUR MY BEST FRIEND TOO SHADOW!" Heh... I'm glad that I'm your best friend. "Well duh. We are each other's best friends! Can't have one without the other!" I hope it stays that way for eternity!

Here is chapter 8! What are your thoughts?